Garry Cook is attempting to make the Saudi Pro League relevant. LIV football?

Wise move by the PGA there was only going to be one winner! The one with the money

It never made any sense to begin with.

For a fringe sport to say no to someone coming a long and say “I want to invest billions into promoting the sport and growing tv audiences and competing for younger viewers and you can give more of the money to the players” was stupid from day 1.

The animosity to which they treated the players who went over to the tour, the anticompetitive nature of allowing people to play on the European tour, Asian tour, Australian tour but not LIV tour was incredibly transparent, as was banning their own broadcasters from dealing with LIV.

The players who took the money are laughing. Are Sergio Garcia and co coming back for the Ryder Cup now? So many questions, so much mess to clean up.

The Middle East is the future. Have you seen Dubai and Doha? Have you seen what Riyad is going to be like in the coming years?

That is where footballers are going to want to live in the coming decades, unfortunately, not Manchester Newcastle and London.

I can imagine that there’ll be a Super League over there and by the 2040s-50s will be the top football competition in the world. And European and Premier League football will be old fashioned and run down.

Some really good points there. I also feel it will take the emergence of some good Arabic players though. History tells us they aren't the best athletes genetically but maybe a generational shift towards sport and away from education from middle Eastern families may see this change.

South America will continue to be a breeding ground for top talent into Europe as they're the best players genetically. Let's hope England is still up there in generations to come but it would take mass foreign investment, of which we may see a cap on in the near future; if Manchester City keep winning and perhaps Newcastle, as the history clubs can't take it much longer without joining the club.

It never made any sense to begin with.

For a fringe sport to say no to someone coming a long and say “I want to invest billions into promoting the sport and growing tv audiences and competing for younger viewers and you can give more of the money to the players” was stupid from day 1.

The animosity to which they treated the players who went over to the tour, the anticompetitive nature of allowing people to play on the European tour, Asian tour, Australian tour but not LIV tour was incredibly transparent, as was banning their own broadcasters from dealing with LIV.

The players who took the money are laughing. Are Sergio Garcia and co coming back for the Ryder Cup now? So many questions, so much mess to clean up.

It made sense from a bureaucratic hegemony stance. The big wigs in the PGA obviously didn't want to surrender their powerbase without a fight.

The Middle East is the future. Have you seen Dubai and Doha? Have you seen what Riyad is going to be like in the coming years?

That is where footballers are going to want to live in the coming decades, unfortunately, not Manchester Newcastle and London.

I can imagine that there’ll be a Super League over there and by the 2040s-50s will be the top football competition in the world. And European and Premier League football will be old fashioned and run down.

It's too hot now can you imagine what it's going to be like then?

The Saudis really aren’t fucking around.

This could be a really key moment in sporting geopolitical history.

The traditional historied Western establishment relenting and “merging” with the new and upcoming Middle Eastern money!

I’m sure a few journalists (WhatsApp chaps) will be all over this condemning it all?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.