garry cook lol what does everybody think of this fella

He has done a cracking job with regards to infrastructure and marketing which is in essence what he is paid to do. He is however a liability when it comes to the media. It's strange because I have criticised him in the past for his 'corporate speak' not going down well with fans but the 'not if, when we beat United' rant took it to the opposite extreme. He was talking like a fan, like people on here have, but he's NOT a fan. Yes be positive but when it comes back to bite you on the arse it's the Club's image that suffers.

Simple solution Khaldoon - don't let him anywhere near where there may be a camera.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm sure he's a nice bloke and everything but it's about time Khaldoon and the Sheikh put him out of his misery.

He's a liability. He's too far gone now, too. He will never be anything but a clown in the media unfortunately.

Let's get rid, maybe in the summer nice and quietly. Try to keep it off the back pages.

Exactly mate, he's out of his depth with the media appearances that appear to go with his job.

The media have an agenda against Cook and as long as he's associated with City we can expect negative headlines. I know fans think 'who cares what the media think' and to some extent I agree, but, its negative publicity that the club could do without. With the resources we have in place we've got a great chance to really achieve things, which in itself is going to ruffle feathers, without Cook's boasting. We want to be the best, we want the best players etc, therefore we also need the best at the very top of the club and Cook does not fit into that category, the best don't become figures of fun for the media and wider footballing community the way Cook has due to his repeated gaffes. Hopefully he'll be relieved of his duties in the close season and as Didsbury Dave said it'd be good if its handled quietly.

Im fucking bored shitless by all you anti cook brigade media bum boys, your that fucking thick that you cant see that it is totally anti city spin from the media, you are telling me that GC took the microphone for only 30 seconds, fucking wake up you bunch of illiterate no marks, its the biggest piece of editted tape I have ever seen and you cant see it.

Start to think logically before you start another anti city post because that exactly what it is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmxTNZhOTwY[/youtube]
1 to 12 second this football club is going to be the biggest and best football club in the world and why the fuck not the rags, liverpool and any other fucker that has ever done anything in the footballing world has done it on the back of money..........so why the fuck can he not state his belief and mine, not tomorrow but in and for many years to come.

13 to 25 seconds with the resources and capability that we have, not if but when we get to wembley what the fuck are we all striving for so yes in my opinion not if but when we get to wembley.

25 to 30 seconds having beaten utd yet again well we had just beaten utd 2-1 so A) he has increased the media attention of our beloved club, which brings in more and bigger sponsors thus making us a world force and more to the point self financing or B) he is stating that we had just beaten utd again... plain and simply editted and cut to suit the whim of the fickle fools that hang on every word of the media.

just take a step back and see what is happening and beside the fools on here that are anti cook the only ones that are bleating about his mic session are those that are shit scared that there day is nearing an end and the bluemoon is rising.

CTID

PS I know the video has come from rag rant but couldnt find another and also proves my point

TIC TOC TIC TOC

Barry Conlons wig said:
Im fucking bored shitless by all you anti cook brigade media bum boys, your that fucking thick that you cant see that it is totally anti city spin from the media, you are telling me that GC took the microphone for only 30 seconds, fucking wake up you bunch of illiterate no marks, its the biggest piece of editted tape I have ever seen and you cant see it.

Start to think logically before you start another anti city post because that exactly what it is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmxTNZhOTwY[/youtube]
1 to 12 second this football club is going to be the biggest and best football club in the world and why the fuck not the rags, liverpool and any other fucker that has ever done anything in the footballing world has done it on the back of money..........so why the fuck can he not state his belief and mine, not tomorrow but in and for many years to come.

13 to 25 seconds with the resources and capability that we have, not if but when we get to wembley what the fuck are we all striving for so yes in my opinion not if but when we get to wembley.

25 to 30 seconds having beaten utd yet again well we had just beaten utd 2-1 so A) he has increased the media attention of our beloved club, which brings in more and bigger sponsors thus making us a world force and more to the point self financing or B) he is stating that we had just beaten utd again... plain and simply editted and cut to suit the whim of the fickle fools that hang on every word of the media.

just take a step back and see what is happening and beside the fools on here that are anti cook the only ones that are bleating about his mic session are those that are shit scared that there day is nearing an end and the bluemoon is rising.

CTID

PS I know the video has come from rag rant but couldnt find another and also proves my point

TIC TOC TIC TOC
lol i think you want to be calling yourself thick if you really cant see how incredibly unprofessional that guy has made city look. he is a moron that should not be allowed to talk to the media. he should just shut up and do his fucking job.

'with our resources etc...' why the fuck would you bang on about how much money we have got!!? he is an idiot.

Barry Conlons wig said:

I couldn't have said it better...

The media are just trying to use anything to try and destabilise our club. I cannot believe people on here are taking the bait.

For me I want our CEO to say positive things about our club, and I want him to talk us up.

CTID

He's clearly very good at many aspects of his role and I think his heart is in the right place, unfortunately his mouth is sometimes in another place, which brings bad press on us when he's trying to do good - something I think can be rectified while he's still able to continue his good work for the club.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm sure he's a nice bloke and everything but it's about time Khaldoon and the Sheikh put him out of his misery.

He's a liability. He's too far gone now, too. He will never be anything but a clown in the media unfortunately.

Let's get rid, maybe in the summer nice and quietly. Try to keep it off the back pages.

Exactly mate, he's out of his depth with the media appearances that appear to go with his job.

The media have an agenda against Cook and as long as he's associated with City we can expect negative headlines. I know fans think 'who cares what the media think' and to some extent I agree, but, its negative publicity that the club could do without. With the resources we have in place we've got a great chance to really achieve things, which in itself is going to ruffle feathers, without Cook's boasting. We want to be the best, we want the best players etc, therefore we also need the best at the very top of the club and Cook does not fit into that category, the best don't become figures of fun for the media and wider footballing community the way Cook has due to his repeated gaffes. Hopefully he'll be relieved of his duties in the close season and as Didsbury Dave said it'd be good if its handled quietly.

Complete bollox. He's not at the club just to be a media star. He's there to run it administratively and handle the commercial side of the business. The first of those he does very well it would seem. We are being run like a professional organisation instead of a corner shop (and quite a few corner shops were better run than we used to be).

We were a £60m company but we never had a Chief Financial Officer, a Chief Operating Officer, someone full-time responsible for football affairs, a head of personnel or a commercial director. We have now.

The second no one can really comment on and in any case he can't really maximise the commercial opportunities until we have a higher European & Global profile. But if part of his remit is to widen our profile then he's certainly doing that.

As regards his media style, perhaps he needs to be a bit more careful what he says, how he says it and when he says it. I wouldn't disagree that the Mancini press conference wasn't handled too well but eho remembers that now and, in any case, will it lose us points? The only things that really count from Garry's pint of view is the bottom line and how well the club is run.

lol i think you want to be calling yourself thick if you really cant see how incredibly unprofessional that guy has made city look. he is a moron that should not be allowed to talk to the media. he should just shut up and do his fucking job.

'with our resources etc...' why the fuck would you bang on about how much money we have got!!? he is an idiot.[/quote]

hey its all about opinions, however yours is wanted and needed as much as a
fart.jpg

in a
headquarters_rectangular_tent.jpeg

Prestwich_Blue said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:

Complete bollox. He's not at the club just to be a media star. He's there to run it administratively and handle the commercial side of the business. The first of those he does very well it would seem. We are being run like a professional organisation instead of a corner shop (and quite a few corner shops were better run than we used to be).

We were a £60m company but we never had a Chief Financial Officer, a Chief Operating Officer, someone full-time responsible for football affairs, a head of personnel or a commercial director. We have now.

The second no one can really comment on and in any case he can't really maximise the commercial opportunities until we have a higher European & Global profile. But if part of his remit is to widen our profile then he's certainly doing that.

As regards his media style, perhaps he needs to be a bit more careful what he says, how he says it and when he says it. I wouldn't disagree that the Mancini press conference wasn't handled too well but eho remembers that now and, in any case, will it lose us points? The only things that really count from Garry's pint of view is the bottom line and how well the club is run.

The bottom line might be the only thing Garry Cock worries about.

I worry when I go in my local for a quiet drink and United fans are taking the piss out of me because of what that idiot said.

It's becoming a very common occurence lately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.