GARRY COOK (Merged)

Re: GARRY COOK HAHAA!

Name one player that Hughes has brought in who have improved their performances since arriving.

Now start the list of those players who have gone backwards since Hughes brought them in.

That alone was enough for me

wtf?

given- class
rsc- injured but loking v good
bellamy- class
de jong- amazing
kompany- top player

swp- okay, bit hit and miss at times
bridge- looking better
lescott- didnt hit the ground running new partnershi though improved of late

toure- let down.
adebayor- promising start, seems flaky character though, faded.
both marwood influenced signings?

major problem was obv defence. that takes time. now we are back to square one with a six month manager.....same old city.

COOK OUT

Re: Well that was embarrassing...

Bossman Blue said:
Luke_mcfc said:
Garry Cook is an absolute bell bag...

Kept saying 'Business' and 'look fellas, im going to say something now, hope you don't mind'...

What was all the fist banging on the table about??

Because he was rightly pissed off about journos not understanding english when they hear it. What is your problem with Cooke. He was trying to do a difficult job.

Maybe because he did not want to answer the questions directly, maybe because he behave like a king dictating the terms of our surrender.
We need to move on, he said, he was hitting the table like a stupid moron, for whole world to see... Pathetic.

uwe_returns said:
Name one player that Hughes has brought in who have improved their performances since arriving.

Now start the list of those players who have gone backwards since Hughes brought them in.

That alone was enough for me

wtf?

given- class
rsc- injured but loking v good
bellamy- class
de jong- amazing
kompany- top player

swp- okay, bit hit and miss at times
bridge- looking better
lescott- didnt hit the ground running new partnershi though improved of late

toure- let down.
adebayor- promising start, seems flaky character though, faded.
both marwood influenced signings?

major problem was obv defence. that takes time. now we are back to square one with a six month manager.....same old city.

COOK OUT

haha

Given was already class.
De Jong is a Dutch international
Bellamy is doing what he has always done

The question still stands

Re: Garry Cook's performance

I thought Cook handled it well considering. Must admit, when the hand started slamming on the desk i thought he was going to have a Kinnear moment. But, he basically said what we all wanted to say and fair play to him.

Personally I dont think he is cut out for dealing with the media, as he seems a pretty straight talking guy, and this isn't the first occasion the press have got under his skin. But having said that, id rather his mentality than have someone pander to the press when they are obviously trying to unsettle things even more.

The club fucked up, and he admitted that it could have been handled better. But in the cold light of day, this stuff happens all the time, across the world in football. And as Cook said, lets draw a line on the matter and move on.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
I can't believe some people actually think Cook handled that well!

Bearing in mind all his previous howlers, he has form for being a liability in public.

With all the money and resources we have is it really acceptable to have a CEO who acts like Frank Spencer....The minimum requirement for Cook's job is to give the club a good public image and he's never come close to that.
'oooh the press asked him nasty questions' Yeah, they did and its their job, tbh the fans deserved the answers as much as anyone. Its the journalists job to ask the tricky questions, its Cook to answer them in a dignified way. He didn't. He even let Mancini handle the one about 'Robinho's attitude problem' when surely as CEO he should have nipped that one in the bud. Cook is most definitely not the right man to be CEO of Manchester City, its a great club with fans who deserve alot better. Cook's corporate jargon and schmoozing might go down well in boardrooms but as mouthpiece for a football club it doesn't wash, especially when he turns into a jibbering wreck when faced with tricky questions. He's had days to prepare that statement and days to prepare his answers to those questions. He needs to go. I'd actually have more respect for the bloke if he admitted he wasnt cut out for it and resigned.
They did not just ask nasty questions they were taking the line that Cooke and the club were telling lies.

We got our answers as did the journos in the statement. What other answer did you want that was not in the statement?

Cook is not the Football Manager so he rightly did not undermine Mancini by answering the query about Robbie.

I thought that Cook did better than I would to keep his cool. I would have told the ones being the bastards that one more question that was geared to trip up Mancini would result in the press conference being closed.

SalfordCityBlue said:
cityslickster said:
Or 2 defeats in 17....dont stat attack me we can all spin them! There was room for improvement i admit but was sackign Hughes, starting a revolt and pissing off the fans the best way to turn that around...not in my book.

Next time im sure Gary will let you eat off his plate you lap up his bullshit that much, you gullable fuckwit!

You have one stat and it is tediously regurgitated over and over. Yes we have only lost 2 games - how many teams have lost far more yet are still romping away from us at the top of the table? Shall we look at the away record under Hughes?

You are acting like a spoilt child. Support the club or fuck off and support United like that City 'fan' who emailed SSN said he was going to do.

I am a City fan, not a Mark Hughes fan. Hopefully when Hughes ends up at Bolton or Stoke or wherever you can toddle off and suck him off there too seeing as you seem to support him more than you do MCFC.

sorry who's exactly romping away from us? we have a game in hand on Villa who are 4th and are only 6 points in front....bearing in mind were only half way through the season....wind your neck in and stop exaggerating facts.

So every city fan who is angry at the shambles that has happened should fuck off? Nice one.

Ps. you clearly suck off Cook.

i can't believe he actually said:

"i REEALLLLY don't want to answer these questions"

when pressed with a hard nosed question, that was what i thought was embarrassing - like a guilty teenager being held in police custody ! - Mancini, however, i thought was the epitome of self-controlled coolness

FFS give the man a break, it was difficult for him too. I'm for giving him a chance too.

I thought he did well!!

The press wankers just attacked him, our owners and our club..................and to make it worse half the wankers on here are siding with them! WTF is that about???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.