GARRY COOK (Merged)

Is this conf available online or is it best avoided (baring in mind I've thought from day one that Cook should be kept well away from cameras and microphones)?

N-Word-Joe said:
i can't believe he actually said:

"i REEALLLLY don't want to answer these questions"

when pressed with a hard nosed question, that was what i thought was embarrassing - like a guilty teenager being held in police custody ! - Mancini, however, i thought was the epitome of self-controlled coolness

He did not want the questions because he had already answered all that they could ask in the statement. He did that because he rightly saw that the question of how Hughes came to be sacked was a legitimate one. What he did not want was a press conference to introduce Mancini as the new manager to be hijacked by a press pack with their own ajenda looking for headlines just in case a better one does not come along before the morning.

Re: GARRY COOK HAHAA!

cityslickster said:
sorry who's exactly romping away from us? we have a game in hand on Villa who are 4th and are only 6 points in front....bearing in mind were only half way through the season....wind your neck in and stop exaggerating facts.

So every city fan who is angry at the shambles that has happened should fuck off? Nice one.

Ps. you clearly suck off Cook.

I do like a mature debate lol.

I didn't say every City fan who is angry should fuck off, just you. If you can't support the club because you are in a huff you backed the wrong horse then we are better off without you.

What shambles are you referring too by the way? The one where the owners sacked an employee and replaced him swiftly with zero disruption?

If you think that is a shambles by City's standards then I suggest it is you who is the 'plastic' fan mate.

Bossman Blue said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
I can't believe some people actually think Cook handled that well!

Bearing in mind all his previous howlers, he has form for being a liability in public.

With all the money and resources we have is it really acceptable to have a CEO who acts like Frank Spencer....The minimum requirement for Cook's job is to give the club a good public image and he's never come close to that.
'oooh the press asked him nasty questions' Yeah, they did and its their job, tbh the fans deserved the answers as much as anyone. Its the journalists job to ask the tricky questions, its Cook to answer them in a dignified way. He didn't. He even let Mancini handle the one about 'Robinho's attitude problem' when surely as CEO he should have nipped that one in the bud. Cook is most definitely not the right man to be CEO of Manchester City, its a great club with fans who deserve alot better. Cook's corporate jargon and schmoozing might go down well in boardrooms but as mouthpiece for a football club it doesn't wash, especially when he turns into a jibbering wreck when faced with tricky questions. He's had days to prepare that statement and days to prepare his answers to those questions. He needs to go. I'd actually have more respect for the bloke if he admitted he wasnt cut out for it and resigned.
They did not just ask nasty questions they were taking the line that Cooke and the club were telling lies.

We got our answers as did the journos in the statement. What other answer did you want that was not in the statement?

Cook is not the Football Manager so he rightly did not undermine Mancini by answering the query about Robbie.

I thought that Cook did better than I would to keep his cool. I would have told the ones being the bastards that one more question that was geared to trip up Mancini would result in the press conference being closed.

I agree mostly. I thought Garry went in to it a bit too aggressively from the start but then it's clear the assembled 'journalists' were a packing of baying twats (Cheeseman excepted).

The media clearly had an agenda which is some false crusade that paints Mark Hughes as some kind of stricken victim and the club as the big bad wolf. The only reason they are doing this is to generate a story from nothing and try to make OUR club look bad, they cou;dn't give a shit about the "honourable way to do things" or the other bullshit they've been peddling. As Mancini said "This is football" and managers getting sacked is all part of the job.

bluem0ng said:
Bossman Blue said:
They did not just ask nasty questions they were taking the line that Cooke and the club were telling lies.

We got our answers as did the journos in the statement. What other answer did you want that was not in the statement?

Cook is not the Football Manager so he rightly did not undermine Mancini by answering the query about Robbie.

I thought that Cook did better than I would to keep his cool. I would have told the ones being the bastards that one more question that was geared to trip up Mancini would result in the press conference being closed.

I agree mostly. I thought Garry went in to it a bit too aggressively from the start but then it's clear the assembled 'journalists' were a packing of baying twats (Cheeseman excepted).

The media clearly had an agenda which is some false crusade that paints Mark Hughes as some kind of stricken victim and the club as the big bad wolf. The only reason they are doing this is to generate a story from nothing and try to make OUR club look bad, they cou;dn't give a shit about the "honourable way to do things" or the other bullshit they've been peddling. As Mancini said "This is football" and managers getting sacked is all part of the job.

Fair do's, everytime he opens his mouth, Cooke does his best to embarrass our club.As someone has said HIS JOB is to make City a famous and appealing brand/club so other players and the untapped market will think: "I fucking like the look of them.They're going places!"

If any top players see that interview they'll think we're run buy a fucking lunatic.Ever since the cash has come in, he's acted with no class or dignity about anything.

"Kaka bottled it" - WTF?! Why did Kaka 'bottle it' and who is Cooke to talk about a World Cup Winner/World Player Of The Year Winner etc? Yes, Kaka bottled it because he refused to sign for a club that hasn't won anything in 3 decades, aren't in the Champions League etc and Cooke comes out with that.Kaka must have been pissing himself, like the rest of the footblling world, when he came out with that.

Again, his job is to make City appealing.The only things Cooke will be attracting are clowns and trapeze artistes because he comes across like he's running a circus.

Oh, and BTW, I'm glad Hughes has gone BUT he's been treated disgracefully.

SalfordCityBlue said:
cityslickster said:
sorry who's exactly romping away from us? we have a game in hand on Villa who are 4th and are only 6 points in front....bearing in mind were only half way through the season....wind your neck in and stop exaggerating facts.

So every city fan who is angry at the shambles that has happened should fuck off? Nice one.

Ps. you clearly suck off Cook.

I do like a mature debate lol.

I didn't say every City fan who is angry should fuck off, just you. If you can't support the club because you are in a huff you backed the wrong horse then we are better off without you.

What shambles are you referring too by the way? The one where the owners sacked an employee and replaced him swiftly with zero disruption?

If you think that is a shambles by City's standards then I suggest it is you who is the 'plastic' fan mate.

When did i ever say i loved Hughes to death? He was promising given time, im just pissed with the way he went. Clearly ran out of points other than your 2 braincelled 'fuck off'....

BeatingBarca said:
Fair do's, everytime he opens his mouth, Cooke does his best to embarrass our club.As someone has said HIS JOB is to make City a famous and appealing brand/club so other players and the untapped market will think: "I fucking like the look of them.They're going places!"

If any top players see that interview they'll think we're run buy a fucking lunatic.Ever since the cash has come in, he's acted with no class or dignity about anything.

"Kaka bottled it" - WTF?! Why did Kaka 'bottle it' and who is Cooke to talk about a World Cup Winner/World Player Of The Year Winner etc? Yes, Kaka bottled it because he refused to sign for a club that hasn't won anything in 3 decades, aren't in the Champions League etc and Cooke comes out with that.Kaka must have been pissing himself, like the rest of the footblling world, when he came out with that.

Again, his job is to make City appealing.The only things Cooke will be attracting are clowns and trapeze artistes because he comes across like he's running a circus.

Oh, and BTW, I'm glad Hughes has gone BUT he's been treated disgracefully.

To be fair he said Milan bottled it not Kaka and from the stories I've seen of what happened in the negotiations it mainly failed because Milan leaked it to the media.

I do agree though he is not great at handling the media, he should've kept his cool a bit more in that press conference no matter if he hates the lying tabloid wankers.

cityslickster said:
When did i ever say i loved Hughes to death? He was promising given time, im just pissed with the way he went. Clearly ran out of points other than your 2 braincelled 'fuck off'....

You didn't clarify what the 'shambles' you are angry about was mate... What are you pissed about regarding the way he went?

Do you actually know what you are upset about?

I really am mystified. Managers get sacked all the time - I am struggling to see what the difference is with this particular sacking?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.