Garry Cook

Can anyone record this to an mp3 so i can listen to it later or will i be able to listen to it on iPlayer?

I can't listen at the moment.

Met him in the Mancunian suite after QPR. He loves the club, had nothing but praise for the owners and chairman but to me the most revealing thing was all the staff wanted to give him a hug and kiss, it was obvious that he was really well liked.

mcfc1632 said:
The reason that I did not jump on Cook's case so much about that was because I did not at all see it as a nasty remark aimed personally to cause distress and offence.

I saw it as more likely an interaction between two colleagues - some banter made in the way that colleagues do.

I did not see it as a deliberate and personal slight.

Who on here has never made a 'wisecrack' or 'remark' which could be positioned as clearly dreadful taste if taken and presented in a different context to the 'aside' manner in which it was meant. I would believe that if any can put their hands up they need to be either canonized or buy better mirrors to have around their house.

I laughed at some of the jokes doing the rounds after the Tsunami and after the Morecombe bay tragedy – it did not mean that I thought anything other than they were tragic situations.

Of course his mistake was simple in that incident - he made an 'off the cuff' aside to his work mate and pressed 'reply all' rather than just reply. I would guess that a number on here have also done that - and very many come close to it. I do not mean to belittle the situation - it was clearly crass and clumsy.

It was the denial that cost him his job, not the initial email. That was unfortunate and embarrassing, but not much more yhan that. The denial was inexcusable.

CTID101 said:
Can anyone record this to an mp3 so i can listen to it later or will i be able to listen to it on iPlayer?

I can't listen at the moment.

It will be available on iPlayer for a week, and also downloadable from both the BBC website and iTunes as a podcast for free (Tony Vaughan one from 3 weeks ago is still available along with a couple of others)

Good interview,he is obviously still very passionate about the club and had nothing but praise to say.

A shame things happened as they did,his influence and presence is a loss.

moomba said:
mcfc1632 said:
The reason that I did not jump on Cook's case so much about that was because I did not at all see it as a nasty remark aimed personally to cause distress and offence.

I saw it as more likely an interaction between two colleagues - some banter made in the way that colleagues do.

I did not see it as a deliberate and personal slight.

Who on here has never made a 'wisecrack' or 'remark' which could be positioned as clearly dreadful taste if taken and presented in a different context to the 'aside' manner in which it was meant. I would believe that if any can put their hands up they need to be either canonized or buy better mirrors to have around their house.

I laughed at some of the jokes doing the rounds after the Tsunami and after the Morecombe bay tragedy – it did not mean that I thought anything other than they were tragic situations.

Of course his mistake was simple in that incident - he made an 'off the cuff' aside to his work mate and pressed 'reply all' rather than just reply. I would guess that a number on here have also done that - and very many come close to it. I do not mean to belittle the situation - it was clearly crass and clumsy.

It was the denial that cost him his job, not the initial email. That was unfortunate and embarrassing, but not much more yhan that. The denial was inexcusable.

I agree the denial was pretty bad, but the onuoha's had hung on to the email for 6months+ and were to my mind trying to use it to get a loan deal funded by city or get a transfer + some kind of payment of nedum's contact with city. Without getting into the issues around kia/nedum/cook I think there was fault on both sides but cook was an easy target for the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.