Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

Didsbury Dave said:
pardoe said:
He was a bit green in his early days in the job, he's admitted that, and since taken the club forward immensely.

Do we really want to be another Newcastle? Not wanting people involved unless they're hardcore fans, masses of unemployed chav supporters outside the ground clapping their shoes, completely backward thinking?

Is Cook good at his job? Yes. End of story.

I'm glad you've admitted to his earlier faux-pas's

This man is in the top job at a football club with ambitions to wim the Champions League. Yet he has no experience of football at all. Think about that.

Think about it again. It's like getting Nigella Lawson and putting her in charge of Natwest

terrible analogy.

he's got experience as a high-level executive at the market leader in a related industry.

Fools don't survive at companies like Nike.

don't tell his CV is like Mike Ashley's... that's an entirely different story.

Didsbury Dave said:
This man is in the top job at a football club with ambitions to wim the Champions League. Yet he has no experience of football at all. Think about that.
Please run me through the football careers of David Gill, David Dein, Rick Parry or Peter Kenyon...

MCRJON said:
Just got back from the do.... and i see the new has travelled.

I am pretty annoyed by the event. He wasnt Drinking, and nobody has any idea where it came from. Yes its a slip of the tongue but..

..he made NO attempt to hide to cover it. He said "... now welcome Uwe Rosler into the Manchester United Hall of Fame" Stuttered a bit and then gave the award. Rosler spoke for a while then it came back to Cook who closed his speach very quickly to a chorus of boos.

Now, he had two options. One he laughs and says only kidding and corrects himself as it happens. Or after the 10 mins Rosler was on the mic he gets up and apologises for his gaff and we all move on.

He did neither. Idiot. He sat at the top table then for a while and took some flack, and then left. The Gaff pretty much runined the high, focal point of the night. The Room went silent. And he definatly should of addressed it in some way. Considering the entire ELT (Executive Leadership Team), Simon Pearce (name check) who runs all the Sheihks business in Europe and some of the country press top brass were there. He should of said something.

In his speech he had banged on about how the club had been getting bad press and how much it hurt him. He gave the rhetoric on how we are progressing and how we are moving forward. He tried to paint himself not as a leader but as one of us and then pissed all over it.

Lets not forget that this is the man who told fans at the BBQ in Abu Dhabi, "We are not the Manchester Club". He is a fool and he needs to come forwards and address this incident.

This will be all over SSN ( Shit Stirring Nonces ) in the morning .
He could have atleast made a comment about his 'gaffe' and made a joke about it . To get the reaction he got , then to not mention anything about his 'comment' , especially after his pre-gaffe speech seems abit odd ?

pardoe said:
CHT said:
to be honest his sycophantic nature with Bluemoon and fans in general is so reminiscent of that Buffoon Ashley at Newcastle
Given the general reactionary nature of most on here, do they deserve better? It's a forum, and one whose membership general prides itself on OTT sensationalist reactions. To City this forum is just a set of customers, nothing more, same with any other. Isn't it refreshing that the club are at least taking an interest despite that?

I dont think its a sensationlist reaction. He could of said pretty much anything else and it wouldnt of been any worse. After what he said in his speach it stank. And for him then to carry on like nothing happend when every other person in the room is standing gobsmacked kind of rubs it in.

Do you think when GC was at Nike he's let slip 'Adidas' in his presentations? I doubt it....even pissed. It would have been Nike, Nike, Nike.....

I suppose some blues 'll feel about this like you would if the bird you've just been banging for the best part of 2 years has turned round and said: 'That was great Dave...', when yer names Pete....

For me, I just want this unprofessional stuff to end. 25 years and counting. This wouldn't happen at Accrington Stanley, let alone a club wanting to mix it with the cream of European football.

From my understanding, GC landed on his feet when Sheik Mansour arrived and talked himself into a job. I agree that he seems to be very fan focused and I have been very pleased with the way the club has conducted itself off the pitch these past 18 months under his direction.

However, GC personally has a made too many high profile gaffs in the media spotlight and become too famous too bloody quick for all the wrong reasons.

It's not only his media work, either. As CEO, like a CEO of any company, I exepct him to spend the Shieks money like his own. It's GC's job to challenge Mark Hughes and say: 'Look, we are not paying 24M for Lescott. He's not a bad player but there is definately similar quality out there for less....the same with RSC. Show me how good a manager you are....'

MCRJON said:
pardoe said:
Given the general reactionary nature of most on here, do they deserve better? It's a forum, and one whose membership general prides itself on OTT sensationalist reactions. To City this forum is just a set of customers, nothing more, same with any other. Isn't it refreshing that the club are at least taking an interest despite that?

I dont think its a sensationlist reaction. He could of said pretty much anything else and it wouldnt of been any worse. After what he said in his speach it stank. And for him then to carry on like nothing happend when every other person in the room is standing gobsmacked kind of rubs it in.

Perhaps he panicked?

After all you did say he commented on the bad press earlier and was thinking it'll be highlighted even more if he followed it up.

Oh Gary, Gary, Gary, what have you done? :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.