Gary Neville analysis of yesterday

Ntini77 said:
Hardly a surprise when we are effectively playing a 4-2-4 against our fiercest rivals.

But he's pointed out that it happens again and again and again. Ajax, Dortmund and Madrid all knew it and so did Baconface yesterday. I've no doubt that Mourinho has probably pointed it out to the old pisscan. Ferguson, whilst a brilliant manager over the years, is hardly a tactical genius while Mourinho looks at every weakness in a team. It's no coincedence that the pair of them were as thick as thieves during Madrid's trip to Manchester recently.

xzbit04 said:
Don't we have an analysis team to analyse such glaring flaws and report to the management team?

Mancini and the coaches will be fully aware of the disadvantages of playing narrow, all systems have flaws

scousemanc said:
Beat me to it with this thread. Absolutely fascinating analysis. Best on TV by far.
He puts the pensioners on MOTD and Soccer Saturday to shame. The big advantage Neville has is that he's played the game up to very recently, and can expertly read the tactics of modern teams/managers. The likes of Hansen, Lawrenson, Thompson, Nicholas etc are stuck in a time warp. He could end up being a very good manager if he wants to. Then again, why live with the constant pressures of being a manager when a long media career is stretching ahead in front of him?

I know Neville has all the Sky techie stuff and loads of people helping, but he makes some excellent and very valid points.

It concerns me that City have at least 5 coaches plus Bobby and if they are aware of these problems why have they done nothing about it, or are they simply not aware.

He also highlighted Joe's problem with setting up walls and his communication in doing this. We conceded a free kick goal against Liverpool were an extra man in the wall would have stopped it.

I hope our players watch programmes like this because it seems that work on the training pitch isn't making any difference.

xzbit04 said:
Don't we have an analysis team to analyse such glaring flaws and report to the management team?

We do, they are often on Inside City sat in front of their computers. Surely this has been relayed to the coaching staff and is tactical failure 101.

been saying on here for ages that if you play 2 up front, you leave yourself exposed in midfield - the opposition just need to work out where the space is

week in week out you get away with it but against the good sides you get punished

brummie blue said:
I know Neville has all the Sky techie stuff and loads of people helping, but he makes some excellent and very valid points.

It concerns me that City have at least 5 coaches plus Bobby and if they are aware of these problems why have they done nothing about it, or are they simply not aware.

He also highlighted Joe's problem with setting up walls and his communication in doing this. We conceded a free kick goal against Liverpool were an extra man in the wall would have stopped it.

I hope our players watch programmes like this because it seems that work on the training pitch isn't making any difference.

The problem wasn't with the number in the wall just as he pointed out nasri didnt fancy getting hit and shit out, also hart took that small step to his left which many a goalkeeper does

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.