Gary Neville analysis of yesterday

I agree that Neville is excellent and he was brilliant with his analysis. However, all teams have strengths and weaknesses that are easy to spot in hindsight. Neville said United were 'in control' until half time. What complete bollocks. They scored with their first attack and then with their second. What Neville did not say was that if Balotelli, Aguero or Barry had scored with any of the three presentable chances we created in the first half we would have won ! Lucky mis hit that went in and bad finishing did for us, nothing else. We dominated the whole game from start to finish and they have got away eith it yet again ! As for the winning goal, there were FOUR mistakes and another scrwany piece of luck for thr rags. Clichy a) should have passed to Hart, then b) lost it to Welbeck. The wall was a shambles, Nasri was a disgrace and Hart was bloody useless, like with the first goal where he watched it roll in ! Finally, Persie gets a jammy deflection. So whilst Nev is excellent, on another day luck will go against the jammy rags.

Dave S said:
xzbit04 said:
Don't we have an analysis team to analyse such glaring flaws and report to the management team?
Clearly not.

we do an they are supposed to show the same type of video analysis during the break to the team to allow a change in tactics and positions I guess with all the rows and recriminations they are to busy to listen

City Raider said:
been saying on here for ages that if you play 2 up front, you leave yourself exposed in midfield - the opposition just need to work out where the space is

week in week out you get away with it but against the good sides you get punished

It's more a case of being exposed on the flanks which is why Mancini flirts with 3 5 2, if we want to play 4 2 3 1 or 4 2 2 2 this will be the problem, unless we employ milner and kolorov for example in the 3 it will be an achilles heel, we would lose elsewhere though by doing this

I posted this problem on the nasri thread. It's one of the reasons we were a better unit using the 4222 with Milner in it, in the first third of last season. That steel he adds and that cover he gives attacking fullbacks, even if he's notionally an attacking wideman, was missed as soon as nasri got in the team properly before Xmas. It happens even worse on both sides when we go 352 against a decent team.

We are too narrow as a team, too reliant on full backs to get behind teams. That's why we get exposed in these areas sometimes. it was obvious before this game that their widemen v our full backs could lose it for us.

And by the way, it doesn't exactly make me happy that a fucking pundit is picking this up before our manager.

Didsbury Dave said:
I posted this problem on the nasri thread. It's one of the reasons we were a better unit using the 4222 with Milner in it, in the first third of last season. That steel he adds and that cover he gives attacking fullbacks, even if he's notionally an attacking wideman, was missed as soon as nasri got in the team properly before Xmas. It happens even worse on both sides when we go 352 against a decent team.

We are too narrow as a team, too reliant on full backs to get behind teams. That's why we get exposed in these areas sometimes. it was obvious before this game that their widemen v our full backs could lose it for us.

And by the way, it doesn't exactly make me happy that a fucking pundit is picking this up before our manager.

Nasri is the weak link Dave. 2 decent games in 2 seasons...Shocking.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Nasri is the weak link Dave. 2 decent games in 2 seasons...Shocking.

To be fair to Nasri it doesn't help playing him out of position on a wing when he is as much suited to a wing than Joe Hart is. Nasri's best position is CM where his is the link between Midfield and Attack. He is just wasted on a wing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.