Gary Neville analysis of yesterday

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The cookie monster said:
Gary neville is a **** has always been a **** and always will be a ****..

A **** of that there is no doubt. Speaks sense but it's not as if he's gonna bite the hand that feeds him!
I do like listening to him though :)

Fair play, Neville but I have honestly said this for fucking weeks. By no means am I claiming to be a tactical genius but it's a bit fucking obvious when watching us...ISN'T IT?!

The worrying this isn't us having a weakness on the left hand side; that's normal and part of football. The worry is that we haven't even bothered to try and address it. At all.

Somehow one of the best pundit out there, but never forget this :

Gary-Neville-kisses-Paul--004.jpg

city91 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I posted this problem on the nasri thread. It's one of the reasons we were a better unit using the 4222 with Milner in it, in the first third of last season. That steel he adds and that cover he gives attacking fullbacks, even if he's notionally an attacking wideman, was missed as soon as nasri got in the team properly before Xmas. It happens even worse on both sides when we go 352 against a decent team.

We are too narrow as a team, too reliant on full backs to get behind teams. That's why we get exposed in these areas sometimes. it was obvious before this game that their widemen v our full backs could lose it for us.

And by the way, it doesn't exactly make me happy that a fucking pundit is picking this up before our manager.

Nasri is the weak link Dave. 2 decent games in 2 seasons...Shocking.

To be fair to Nasri it doesn't help playing him out of position on a wing when he is as much suited to a wing than Joe Hart is. Nasri's best position is CM where his is the link between Midfield and Attack. He is just wasted on a wing.

This is true and milner playing right of the 3 would certainly help our RB or left would help our LB but as we don't have two fit Milner's we are relying on Silva and Nasri to do jobs which in fairness they aren't best suited to

Why are you acting like hes a genius? I screamed this throughout the first half. Im sure 48k saw this.

For the record Silva started on the left, not nasri, and kept drifting inside leaving clichy exposed.

The cookie monster said:

This.

It's a fucking disgrace that he was even allowed to commentate on a Manchester derby given his history and associations, and not forgetting his feud with one of our current players. I am going to complain to Sky about this and hope other blues will do likewise.

Johnsonontheleft said:
The cookie monster said:

This.

It's a fucking disgrace that he was even allowed to commentate on a Manchester derby given his history and associations, and not forgetting his feud with one of our current players. I am going to complain to Sky about this and hope other blues will do likewise.

Unless he is openly biased which he isn't what are you going to complain about?

The funny thing is we have been weak on our left side for years. We have had very few decent left backs in decades (Willie Donachie perhaps). I wonder what would happen if we signed Leighton Baines and Gareth Bale. To be honest I think Clichy is the best we have had for years in that position but still not world class. Real Madrid killed us in both matches down our left side. Most teams target that area when playing us and this has been going on for a long time.

Johnsonontheleft said:
The cookie monster said:

This.

You would have a point if he was bias but he isnt. Like many have said, best pundit by a mile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.