Gary Neville

I quite liked Neville before he went to Valencia, since he has been back on the air after his clusterfuck attempt to actually manage a team rather than slag off someone else with the same failings, he seems to have turned into a right ****...! Once a ****, always a **** I suppose...!

Find him pretty fair tbh.

Do City fans just want constant praise for us on the tv?
I think he is generally fair but I am a bit suspicious of the way he has been pushing the "tactical fouls" narrative against City. Not one mention last night in a game (Wolves v Rags) which was littered with tactical fouls from both sides (just like most other Premier League games)

I think he is generally fair but I am a bit suspicious of the way he has been pushing the "tactical fouls" narrative against City. Not one mention last night in a game (Wolves v Rags) which was littered with tactical fouls from both sides (just like most other Premier League games)

Just to add to this, I don't think I've ever heard tactical foul mentioned in relation to any other club. To the ones who find Neville completely impartial, have you ever heard him mention it about another club? And if so, is it proportionate to the amount of times that it gets mentioned in relation to City?

Just to add to this, I don't think I've ever heard tactical foul mentioned in relation to any other club. To the ones who find Neville completely impartial, have you ever heard him mention it about another club? And if so, is it proportionate to the amount of times that it gets mentioned in relation to City?
He tries to sound neutral but inside him swirls 40 years of toxic City hatred which has reduced his brain to the size of a red walnut.

Agreed. Last night Pogba, Lingard, and McTominay did nothing else but tactical fouls and, to be fair, Wolves did exactly the same. It was a strange game with both sides scrapping near the half way line and waiting for breakaways. As I have said before, apart from mistimed tackles, all fouls are "tactical" and we commit less than most teams.

He's always been a good commentator and pundit because he reads the game well and analyses it fairly. Never noticed him showing "bias" during a commentary, but then unlike some football fans I'm not sitting there furiously looking for it. Like them all, he lets people know who his club are and has a joke about it, but it doesn't affect his analysis.

I bet there's a Man United forum somewhere where they are all accusing him of being "biased" because he was very negative about them last night after the game. Correctly.

Mostly this stuff is silly fan talk born from confirmation bias.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.