Gary Neville

America is not in terminal decline, but it does have some cultural and social problems that it seems unwilling or unable to attack. Think areas like: the death penalty, culture wars, black lives matter, healthcare, police incompetence and corruption, gun control, visceral hatred of Muslims, military aggression, Qanon and conspiracy theories generally, religious fervour and, of course it is ruled by lizards in disguise.
Half of those are memes, right wing kooks, and slivers of society. The fact that you think those are “American” traits tells me all I need to know.

Death penalty: States rights issue.
Culture wars: Look around!
Black lives matter: They do, and they always should have, and now there is a pendulum swing which doesn’t have very much political traction.
Healthcare: I agree. It’s expensive but usually included with a job. Mine pays a portion and it still costs me over £500/mo for 4 people.
Police incompetence: Again, not a Federal issue.
Corruption: see “Culture Wars above.”
Gun control: Get over it.
Visceral hatred of Muslims: Right wing kookery.
Military aggression: You’re welcome.
Qanon and conspiracy theories: Right wing kooks yet again.
Religious fervour: History of the country since birth, but changing dramatically, esp outside the Deep South.
Ruled by lizards in disguise: See “QAnon” above.

Anything else, because about 250-300 MILLION other Americans ignore, or never come into contact with, most of that on a daily basis!

:-)

P.S. Neville’s opinions appear to be determined by a wet finger in the air to gauge sentiment.

Last edited:
It’s Friday 1st April and Gary Neville is an even bigger **** than he was yesterday
100% Fuck you ratface and Spitty. Why the hell should any of these managers have to answer questions about things other than football matters ? He wouldn’t be saying that if the scums new manager whoever the fuck it is gets asked about their owners associated with a country with outrageous gun laws killing hundreds of innocent people every year, the same goes for the dippers FSG owners. I know it’s not the same but it all relates to the loss of human life no matter how big or small.

It’s clear Rat face is fuming about his rags demise and he’s taking it out on us to bring us down Can't wait to see his horrid ugly face if we sign Haaland.

Last edited:
Half of those are memes, right wing kooks, and slivers of society. The fact that you think those are “American” traits tells me all I need to know.

Death penalty: States rights issue.
Culture wars: Look around!
Black lives matter: They fo, and they always should have, and now there is a pendulum swing which doesn’t have very much political traction.
Healthcare: I agree. It’s expensive but usually included with a job. Mine pays a portion and it still costs me over £500/mo for 4 people.
Police incompetence: Again, not a Federal issue.
Corruption: see “Culture Wars above.”
Gun control: Get over it.
Visceral hatred of Muslims: Right wing kookery.
Military aggression: You’re welcome.
Qanon and conspiracy theories: Right wing kooks yet again. Religious fervour: History of the country since birth, but changing dramatically, esp outside the Deep South.
Ruled by lizards in disguise: See “QAnon” above.

Anything else, because about 250-300 MILLION other Americans ignore, or never come into contact with, most of that on a daily basis!

P.S. Neville’s opinions appear to be determined by a wet finger in the air to gauge sentiment.
Quite bizarre. Who said anything about these issues being federal or even exclusively American? They are not my issues but just observations. Some cannot be merely dismissed as kookery only, that is a get out. Quite bizarre, calm down.

Quite bizarre. Who said anything about these issues being federal or even exclusively American? They are not my issues but just observations. Some cannot be merely dismissed as kookery only, that is a get out. Quite bizarre, calm down.

I can only go off the post to which I responded:

America is not in terminal decline, but it does have some cultural and social problems that it seems unwilling or unable to attack. Think areas like:
the death penalty, culture wars, black lives matter, healthcare, police incompetence and corruption, gun control, visceral hatred of Muslims, military aggression, Qanon and conspiracy theories generally, religious fervour and, of course it is ruled by lizards in disguise.
I may be confused by your sudden change in position, but I couldn’t be calmer!

Feet up, looking out over the ocean, sipping a drink with balmy breezes washing over me, while listening to an 80s mix!

If I was any calmer I’d be asleep!

I can only go off the post to which I responded:

I may be confused by your sudden change in position, but I couldn’t be calmer!

Feet up, looking out over the ocean, sipping a drink with balmy breezes washing over me, while listening to an 80s mix!

If I was any calmer I’d be asleep!
You've fallen into a common trap. If I say Poland has a problem with selecting its judges, that is a statement of fact. It does not mean I have an issue with it. It's like literary critics who attack a novelist for whatever, ascribing the obnoxious views of a character to the author.
I have not changed position but was responding to the guys who said America is in terminal decline. My response is 'no, but.....'.
If a single post tells you "everything you want to know", your judgement is faulty. Have another drink!

You've fallen into a common trap. If I say Poland has a problem with selecting its judges, that is a statement of fact. It does not mean I have an issue with it. It's like literary critics who attack a novelist for whatever, ascribing the obnoxious views of a character to the author.
I have not changed position but was responding to the guys who said America is in terminal decline. My response is 'no, but.....'.
If a single post tells you "everything you want to know", your judgement is faulty. Have another drink!
The common trap you fell into was believing your opinions to be “statements of fact,” which you appear incapable of recognizing, regardless of my help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.