Gas & Electricity

My bill will actually go down from October 1st (Well until the next hike anyway!)
Was paying £88 for G & E, went up to £146, now should be increasing to £186 from October 1st, but with the £67 knocked off, goes down to £119.53!

Just ran some maths on our last 12 months gas usage (17,000kwh). The last 12 months gas bill = £838.19, if we kept our usage identical it goes up from October to £1859.08 factoring in the British gas standard variable 10.33p per kwh & daily standing 28.4p charge from 1st October. We use gas for central heating and water (combi boiler). I'm getting a 5kwh multi fuel stove installed on Friday which will hopefully take the sting out of most of the gas usage over winter, i'm aiming for as close to zero central heating as possible.

Last edited:
Announcement earlier that all businesses will also be capped and therefore aided by the taxpayer. I'm not sure how the public feel that the likes of Shell, BP and Amazon will now be subsidiised by the taxpayer to heat and light their corporate buildings. I know my view!!

Announcement earlier that all businesses will also be capped and therefore aided by the taxpayer. I'm not sure how the public feel that the likes of Shell, BP and Amazon will now be subsidiised by the taxpayer to heat and light their corporate buildings. I know my view!!
It is a shocking thing for truss to do , should be making tbe fuckers pay their full taxes, to lumber the taxpayers with the cost whilst those firms are pissing themselves laughing is a typical tory move

It is a shocking thing for truss to do , should be making tbe fuckers pay their full taxes, to lumber the taxpayers with the cost whilst those firms are pissing themselves laughing is a typical tory move
I agree. It's an horrendous burden to put on taxpayers.
All driven by ideology

Email off Octopus. They really do seem to be trying their best. Estimated duel fuel for the year is £1900. Although still expensive as fuck is a lot less than we were expecting a month ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.