Gas & Electricity

I am with edf and they have gone to two bills a year , i dont like that , much prefer the quarterly bill system so you have a better idea where you are . I am in credit by £140 ish , just had a bill and my dd has gone down , the whole thing frys my poor brain
It’s only gone down because it was based on the old rates and you got £66 off the govt credited.
From today you are paying approx 27% more for gas and electricity.

I am with edf and they have gone to two bills a year , i dont like that , much prefer the quarterly bill system so you have a better idea where you are . I am in credit by £140 ish , just had a bill and my dd has gone down , the whole thing frys my poor brain
It's all meant to......they don't want you to understand any of it....just pay up and shut up.

they could easily simplify it into one unit rate per unit on the meter ......

Like they could change petrol pumps to gallons but you'd die of shock.

Complicated formulae or using smaller litres instead of gallons is a psychological mind fuck....

It’s only gone down because it was based on the old rates and you got £66 off the govt credited.
From today you are paying approx 27% more for gas and electricity.
Electricity per kWh now 33.476p from 28.014p. Up 19.5%.
Gas 10.327p from 7.34p. Up 40.7%.

British Gas new discounted rates not including the £400 off bill or the £150 off council tax bill. Or any other benefits you may be entitled to.

It's all meant to......they don't want you to understand any of it....just pay up and shut up.

they could easily simplify it into one unit rate per unit on the meter ......

Like they could change petrol pumps to gallons but you'd die of shock.

Complicated formulae or using smaller litres instead of gallons is a psychological mind fuck....
It’s not that complicated. A smart meter allows you to see what things use in real time, if you need to work everything out.

People build up credit for energy so that they can use more over the winter without worrying about how much you will have to pay in the next bill, which is what paying what you use does.

It’s not that complicated. A smart meter allows you to see what things use in real time, if you need to work everything out.

People build up credit for energy so that they can use more over the winter without worrying about how much you will have to pay in the next bill, which is what paying what you use does.
Only if your smart meter works mate...Mine doesnt work. British Gas said there is nothing they can do...well some woman in a South African call centre did.

I also prefer to budget myself than give them money in their bank.

Only if your smart meter works mate...Mine doesnt work. British Gas said there is nothing they can do...well some woman in a South African call centre did.

I also prefer to budget myself than give them money in their bank.
All fair enough. It’s no different to people paying a bit each month to pay for Xmas presents.

Generally peoples’ salaries are consistent, so it makes sense to me that we try to keep bills as consistent as possible for ease of financial planning. If having £500 in a savings account got you decent interest, then I might change my mind, but it doesn’t.

I know our next bill won’t be that much higher than it is now, whereas paying as you go means you have kept the money back in your account to make sure you can pay you next bill.

All fair enough. It’s no different to people paying a bit each month to pay for Xmas presents.

Generally peoples’ salaries are consistent, so it makes sense to me that we try to keep bills as consistent as possible for ease of financial planning. If having £500 in a savings account got you decent interest, then I might change my mind, but it doesn’t.

I know our next bill won’t be that much higher than it is now, whereas paying as you go means you have kept the money back in your account to make sure you can pay you next bill.
Interest rates are going up ...I get over 3% on some of my bank accounts now. £500 = £16 a year

Every little counts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.