Gas & Electricity

Anyone woke up to the new charges and wondered wtf is going on

View attachment 56997View attachment 56998

If they are supposed to be capping it then why the feck is it not reflected on my account
Not me.
I understand it.
That is the cap.
The companies were going to charge a lot more per unit.
That’s what it will cost you.
£2500 is a notional amount only.

Last edited:
Our electric is pretty standard throughout the year about 10ish a day, except at Xmas when the lights are on a bit more. Gas obviously when the winter kicks in is the big thing, we use fuck all from April to September looking at my bills it’s probably around £30 a month if that, just looked at what we used this morning and I reckon we can afford £5 a day in gas around 40kwh in lauding standing charge. I’m hoping that the initial boost to get house upto temperature is what costs the most then as it drops and the gas comes on again to heat up before turning off won’t cost half as much. We were around £360 in credit before yesterday that with the £400 rebate and I think we will be ok for the winter paying £250 a month! Only last year it was £112.

Seen as it's all capped at £2,500, heatings going on from now till Feb!! Boom!!!

Calm down you lot ;)
It’s only the standing charge that is capped, the more you use the more you will pay so you still have to watch what you use.

Why do people hugely in credit accept such a high direct debit ? Genuine q
Octopus advise against huge credit. They reckon you should have less than £100 in credit and actively encourage you to take any excess back.
BUT with the new rates from today any credit should ameliorate the big hikes people will need to pay ongoing.

Electricity per kWh now 33.476p from 28.014p. Up 19.5%. Standing charge 43.260p per day
Gas 10.327p from 7.34p. Up 40.7%. Standing charge 28.485p per day

Discounted rates

Octopus advise against huge credit. They reckon you should have less than £100 in credit and actively encourage you to take any excess back.
BUT with the new rates from today any credit should ameliorate the big hikes people will need to pay ongoing.
Thanks for the reply , i was reading a few pages back someone being nearly a grand in credit , wtf ? I would be saying no you cant double my dd , use some of the credit instead , i dont pretend i understand it though

Thanks for the reply , i was reading a few pages back someone being nearly a grand in credit , wtf ? I would be saying no you cant double my dd , use some of the credit instead , i dont pretend i understand it though
My DD is only what each quarterly bill is....obviously I then have to budget for winter myself rather than give them the money

My DD is only what each quarterly bill is....obviously I then have to budget for winter myself rather than give them the money
I am with edf and they have gone to two bills a year , i dont like that , much prefer the quarterly bill system so you have a better idea where you are . I am in credit by £140 ish , just had a bill and my dd has gone down , the whole thing frys my poor brain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.