Gas & Electricity

I live in Spain and the only house heating energy I use is to ignite my 12 kw pellet burner if or when needed.

For last month our equivelant of vat added 10 percent to return to pre covid 21 percent.

We get decent discounts if we use energy mostly at low peak times so we are now paying just over 50 euros a month.
This is electricity only because we don't have mains gas.

How does this compare?

Scottish Power are phoning me regularly saying they are going to make an appointment to fit a smart meter. I’ve told them I’m not having a smart meter. Am I within my rights to refuse their smart meter?
Maybe.
You can be required to have one if your current meter is faulty or “at end of life”, anything from 10-20 years old.

I just want to say for all those using Octopus and regardless of tarrif ..please dont forget your free Greggs sausauge roll and coffee from the Octopus phone app, that been available every week between 21st February and 17th March.

Every Monday, they release the free Sausage Roll and coffee codes, ready for all the intelligent Octopus customers to claim. Sadly like everything in life .. once they’re gone, they’re gone. Tommorow's the last day for you to aquire a classic Sausage Roll with seasoned sausage meat encased within layers of golden puff pastry: Just sayin like.

As an addendum: Todays tracker prices are ..

Gas 4.11 KWH
Electric 18.75 KWH

Last edited:
Maybe.
You can be required to have one if your current meter is faulty or “at end of life”, anything from 10-20 years old.

Which no doubt they will tell you there are no ‘standard’ meters available, so you have to have a ‘smart meter’, which isn’t true, you can buy your own meters and have them installed :-

There’s a reason the are offering fixed deals and it isn’t for the good of the customer

True.

But you never know what could spark a sudden surge in energy prices. Even with the on-going war in Ukraine, and the Houthi’s causing havoc to shipping in the Middle East and around the world, the price for Electricity, Gas, and Oil remains stable at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.