Gas & Electricity

Can I get a normal meter off ebay and get a gas engineer to fit it then fuck the smart meter off?

It doesn't work and I don't trust it at all.
You can not take out the existing meter as it is not your property, it will be owned by a MAP (meter asset provider). They get an income from the meter and anybody removing an in date, non faulty meter can be charged the outstanding rental (whuch can be £100s).

You can not take out the existing meter as it is not your property, it will be owned by a MAP (meter asset provider). They get an income from the meter and anybody removing an in date, non faulty meter can be charged the outstanding rental (whuch can be £100s).

Like a water meter. That can’t be removed. My Mum had one installed. My Mum’s sadly passed away now. I live in my Mum’s house and still have the water meter installed.

If you dont have a smart meter you must put in a meter reading before monday when the prices drop , says martin lewis

I've got a smart meter, but I'm going to submit a gas and electricity reading on Sunday anyway.

I've got a smart meter, but I'm going to submit a gas and electricity reading on Sunday anyway.
I dont blame you , i wont have one as i hear more bad things than good things about them . Just done my readings as i expect edf to crash over the weekend

Like a water meter. That can’t be removed. My Mum had one installed. My Mum’s sadly passed away now. I live in my Mum’s house and still have the water meter installed.
You’ll be saving a fortune compared to water rates.
We are here.

Done it and knocked off the customary units... I mean why pay a more expensive rate when you can pay less? Its not as if these companies don't earn enough. Centrica's CEO's pay up from £4m to £8m.... disgraceful.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.