Gavi

Mate, Barca are now under investigation for bribing referees from 2001-2018!?! They have HUGE financial problems, have been caught selling their TV rights to themselves so got a huge tax bill on that, are behind on transfer payments to clubs and still owe Messi, Pique, Frenkie and probably many more players outstanding wages?!
They don’t care, they love Barca

Has richards30 said swap for de bruyne yet
Or CADE asked Tolmie about his wages…….

Barca will be fine. Sure, they have many issues. But people are almost parroting Tebas - he is more or less the biggest windbag in European football. And clearly a recklessly pro-Real stooge. He amplifies all the Barca stuff as much as he can for his own reasons. A lot of it is real enough, but it hasn't stopped them from signing big names, holding onto the young talent, and winning the domestic league. Great for their profile. Gets them back in the CL groups. A big difference to morale and cashflow. People have to accept, they'll always be in a much stronger position than half of Spain would have you believe. Even when it's not them simply talking up their problems, Barca are simply being Barca, they have many fans and supporters and friends in politics and high places, and a brand that is still capable of selling shirts to the 6 year old next door. Bigger than Utd ever were, or could be.

Gavi is quite young and is probably going to be heavily influenced by what his family wants. So maybe if we get Pique in, he can have a word with his mom and we'll have a chance

Just remember reports like this mate

Well thanks for that but those reports look looks like hype to me (note that they‘re not in publications known for reporting verity) because, as I said, in my experience you need to generate an actual profit to pay tax.
I think it’s most likely that they’re just some more bollox click bait in the Sun but I’ll get onboard as soon as I see an in depth piece setting out how you can generate actual verifiable taxable profit by buying off yourself in one of the more serious papers.

I’m very interested because if we can make a profit that is demonstrable in our accounts by selling to ourselves then I’m supposing we can all sell to ourselves at a loss and gain tax rebates ;-)

They are more than a club. Surely they haven't been caught not giving a true picture, or a complete one of their revenue. UEFA are pretty hot on that kind of thing.

Well thanks for that but those reports look looks like hype to me (note that they‘re not in publications known for reporting verity) because, as I said, in my experience you need to generate an actual profit to pay tax.
I think it’s most likely that they’re just some more bollox click bait in the Sun but I’ll get onboard as soon as I see an in depth piece setting out how you can generate actual verifiable taxable profit by buying off yourself in one of the more serious papers.

I’m very interested because if we can make a profit that is demonstrable in our accounts by selling to ourselves then I’m supposing we can all sell to ourselves at a loss and gain tax rebates ;-)
I wonder if UEFA will investigate this and issue charges ?
Sounds like artificially inflating income to me

I wonder if UEFA will investigate this and issue charges ?
Sounds like artificially inflating income to me

Hands up, I’m no expert, but IMO It’s a contradiction in terms because they have either legitimately sold rights and are due to pay tax on a profit or they’ve pretended to sell rights and there’s no tax due but their auditors are about to be prosecuted and banged up in the slammer.
I actually don’t think it’s worthy of further consideration unless and until it’s published by a respected source, if we took what the Sun et al wrote as verbatim then we’d all be busy celebrating the resounding success of brexit ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.