Gaz Baz

Laughed my cock off when the England fans were happy he was injured. Its funny because from a blue POV I am the one whos happy because he will be fresh for the new season. Says it all really.

Had countless arguments with rags/dippers about him

TCIB said:
de niro said:
The rags etc have a go cos he's a better player than theirs , simple jealousy and bitterness.
We would not have won the title without Barry, it's as simple as that.

No greater truth will be said this day.

Here, here.

I think its easy for the media and other 'fans' to say hes crap because there isnt really anything flash about him and he is very understated but we wouldnt be the team we are without him, he makes us tick and is the most underrated player in the league

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
He's the kind of player who allows good players to play. Which is why he doesnt look so good with England.

Exactly!

He COMPLIMENTS the stars around him and allows the big names to make big names for themselves. He is the type of player Vincent Kompany has been until people suddenly discovered him this year....quietly effective!

He is the linchpin of our midfield and I only hope Milner can learn from him over the next few years and carry on his quality, which allows Yaya, Silva and Nasri to perform as attackers, and our full backs to play "second" midfielders.

I hope he has a nice, relaxing summer and comes back refreshed and raring to go for next season!

No coincidence that they 2 times the rags beat us this season, Barry didn’t start. Our balance goes to pot when he doesn’t start, and that just shows how good a player he is.

gareth is brill - but I see him like shay (given) - would be nice if he had good competition who he could help as his replacement

babyape said:
Scotty 'Hero' Parker has a knack of making football look hard, pouring with sweat, diving in to last gasp challenges and darting all over, and people equate this to a great performance.

Barry is ten times the player he is, and makes it look so easy as he knows exactly where to be on the pitch at any given time, and his passing has developed so much this year... Can't think of many other players i'd rather have for that position.

I like this.

I used to get pissed off by people slating Barry, thinking "here we go again" every time someone that didnt really watch football come out with the whole "he got skinned by Ozil" cliche. Now, i just think "they don't get it, bless them" Anyone that watches football properly, sees live football and really understands the game know how good the bloke is. it's only the armchair fans that rely on the media and blokes down the pub to form their footballing opinions for them that don't appreciate our Gareth.

If he could tackle, run and stop giving the ball away. Then he'd be great, but he's not.

He's missed 1 league game against a fellow top 4/5 side in the past few years that should tell you how good, big and important a player Gareth Barry is.

My player of the year.

one of the first on the team sheet, has been brilliant this year and one of very few players that can play a 30/40 yard pass that holds up for the player. Gutted for him over the Euros as i am Micah

Skashion said:
Might they have a point: <a class="postlink" href="http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/statszone/archive/2012/05/16/why-michael-carrick-should-start-for-england-this-summer.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/statszone/ ... ummer.aspx</a>

BOLLOCKS

Please dig out the stats for losing posession and the video of Yaya taking the ball off him in the Derby like he was a 3yr old and tell me that this muppet is good enough to Anchor Englands Midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.