Gaz Baz

The most under-rated player in premier league history imo. Yet again class and consistent through out the season. If i think about it i can see why some fans don't rate him but i put that down to little knowledge of the game. If Silva voted for him as POY that says everything really.

After Yaya he's one of the players I fear most replacing as a lot of that kind of game is built on years of experience and knowledge let alone being naturally gifted at reading the game, I'm hoping over the next season we start to see Milner grow into this role and become his natural successor.

Never ever understood the critics and always schmalways amazed at the vitriol against Baz.
I do not in any way claim to be a footballing erudite but ever since I watched this chap at Villa I have rated him as one of the hidden indespensibles within a team. He fits superbly with players who are tricky and creative. He has a quick eye for a pass which is up there with the best ever. Always chuffed when I see his name on the team sheet - as essential to us as Ya Ya.
Hope Milner can fill his position when his legs go.

I posted this when there was another GB love in in May.....

Gareth has been overlooked for the credit he deserves by media and fans for years.

I've worked at Villa for years and he was consistently there best player for many, many seasons. I was over the moon when City signed him.

Those that argue Parker and Carrick are better players should give there head a shake. Gareth has played over 560 Premier League games, and over 50 times for England under 5 different managers.
Parker had one good season with West Ham (a relegation season) and suddenly became the Media darling, he's played far less games, some in lower leagues and has only 11 England caps.
Carrick has played less games as well, again some in lower leagues, and has half the England caps, and Gareth's scored more goals than both.

Villa fan's won't give him credit now because he left them for a team going places, they just bring out the 'gone for money' line. They could certainly do with him now.

I for one, am delighted he's at our club and playing so well.

I will add that those who bring up the old chestnut of Gb being slow in the world cup game against Germany ought to remember GB has never had loads of pace, he's not that sort of player, and that there were 9 other outfield players who didn't even try to catch Ozil.

I'm pleased he's getting the summer off, I do feel sorry that he'll miss what's likely to be his last tournament, but hope he comes back refreshed after a decent break.

Just a man who look like he has the worst luck with his National team.

Recovering from an injury during the World Cup and failed to perform.
Got injured in Euro 2012.

Silva's man of the season, says alot about his ability really.

However, Barry's not your fastest player, for Hodgson to employ him in a 4-4-2 is pretty daft. In that aspect, Michael Carrick definitely does better but when played proper, you can clearly see Barry has the further ability than Carrick.

Chairman Wesker said:
So not silva yaya toure aguero or anyone. But Gareth Barry was the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER?

Fuck you all I'm staying in off topic where bluemoon makes more sense

I like good news.

MC ID said:
After Yaya he's one of the players I fear most replacing as a lot of that kind of game is built on years of experience and knowledge let alone being naturally gifted at reading the game, I'm hoping over the next season we start to see Milner grow into this role and become his natural successor.

I don't see Milner replacing Barry or even becoming a regular in our first team,i love his attitude and honesty but i believe,for his own sake,he should move on.

Natural Barry successors are thin on the ground...... Modric or Fellaini perhaps?

Damocles said:
Skashion said:
Damocles said:
Questions:

1. What is Barrys job on the pitch?
2. What part of it does he not perform to a high standard?

Pretty simple really. Its like saying that you dont rate Kompany or Aguero. If you dont, then you either arent watching them or dont understand what theyre supposed to be doing.
Not knowing anything about football, I cannot answer your questions.

Im not surprised you didnt answer and tried to deflect

Can i answer it for you Damo as it seems he knows nor his arse from his elbow?

1, His role is that of the calming influance in the middle of the park. He breaks up play with his brilliant positional awareness that comes with years of being a class act. His job is to then find the players who have the guile to create havock in the best and in usualy no frills simple way which he does better than anybody else in the league in my opinion.

But also for those of us who watch him closely and admire how great a player he is, we have seen him develop a killer pass last season too. Much like a top class quarter back in the NFL he has pinged some gorgeous through balls up to the front men on numerous ocasions last season.

2, Unfortunately for him the only part of his game won't be doing well is the bit he should have done at the Euros. That said however i can't hide my relief that at least one of our English lads will get spared the dimoralising effect of being beatem by Greece or Denmark or whomever does for us this time. I kinda wish Joe, Adam and Jimmy were on a beach too.

FantasyIreland said:
Chairman Wesker said:
So not silva yaya toure aguero or anyone. But Gareth Barry was the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER?

Fuck you all I'm staying in off topic where bluemoon makes more sense

Who said he was THE most impartant player to winning the league? No doubting he was a key elemant all season but no player deserves that credit over another. It was a true team effort.

@ Fantasy Ireland.... I just noticed the post above where you suggest Marouane (I go missing in 90% of matches) Fellaini as Barrys "replacement"... WTF? Nuff said realy mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.