Gaz Baz

Kippax Street 1880 said:
I couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread before I replied, sorry your highness
On the contrary, it should be me offering you my salutations Your Highness as you have achieved the prerequisites for 'knowing about football'. I therefore look up to you, not down.

Your Didsbury Dave like avoidance of a direct question seems to have continued for a few more pages whilst I was off.

twinkletoes said:
IMHO he cant pass forward more than two yards, cant tackle, cant head the ball and he shits himself in a fifty fifty challenge but apart from that he is great.

I would have De Jong ahead of him any day.

I thought about posting the graphs of his forward passes and tackling stats but I reckon it wouldn't make any difference to you lol.

He's a much more complete midfielder than De Jong, should score more goals though as he did at Villa

twinkletoes said:
IMHO he cant pass forward more than two yards, cant tackle, cant head the ball and he shits himself in a fifty fifty challenge but apart from that he is great.

Do you even WATCH football?!

I'm not sure I have ever read such a complete load of bollocks from a supposed football watcher in my life! In fact, much as NDJ has a rep for hard tackles, GB has gone straight through more 50-50s than I care to remember, and rarely, if ever loses the challenge.

As for the length of passes, your knock on GB is EXACTLY the knock most people have on NDJ and it doesn't apply to GB AT ALL!

You DO know GB is the white guy playing #18, right?!

Damocles said:
Your Didsbury Dave like avoidance of a direct question seems to have continued for a few more pages whilst I was off.
and will continue for as many as you would like.

-- Thu May 31, 2012 8:24 pm --

Berkovic_blue said:
He's a much more complete midfielder than De Jong, should score more goals though as he did at Villa
He was a penalty taker at Villa - that might have helped. He also played in a different role at Villa, more box-to-box than mopper upper in-chief.

I don't think Bert Trautmann likes him:

Straight-talking Bert, meanwhile, does not think England will miss Blues midfielder Gareth Barry, who has withdrawn injured and been replaced in the 23-strong squad by Phil Jagielka.
“I have not been that impressed by him,” said Bert, who believes Chelsea’s Champions League glory will however boost England’s prospects. “You need a solid defence not just a very good keeper. Gary Cahill, John Terry and Ashley Cole have done well together and that will be very important in what I believe will be a defensively-minded England team.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/international/s/1554941_handy-joe-hart-vital-if-the-three-lions-are-going-to-really-roar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... eally-roar</a>

Skashion said:
Damocles said:

Why do you think Id want you to avoid a question that I asked you?

Isnt the whole purpose of asking an question an implicit way of saying "I would like your input"?

Im aware of the irony of lamenting not answering questions by asking two more.

Damocles said:
Skashion said:
Damocles said:

Isnt the whole purpose of asking an question an implicit way of saying "I would like your input"?

I don't. It's merely my way of informing you that I intend to engage in a bout of pigheaded stubbornness and will respond to any post but will not answer the questions because I refuse to engage with someone who's made an a priori assumption that someone who does not rate Barry must not know about football.

Skashion said:
Damocles said:
Skashion said:

I don't. It's merely my way of informing you that I intend to engage in a bout of pigheaded stubbornness and will respond to any post but will not answer the questions because I refuse to engage with someone who's made an a priori assumption that someone who does not rate Barry must not know about football.
Don't let him drag you down to his level, he'll beat you with experience ;)

ChicagoBlue said:
twinkletoes said:

Do you even WATCH football?!

I'm not sure I have ever read such a complete load of bollocks from a supposed football watcher in my life! In fact, much as NDJ has a rep for hard tackles, GB has gone straight through more 50-50s than I care to remember, and rarely, if ever loses the challenge.

As for the length of passes, your knock on GB is EXACTLY the knock most people have on NDJ and it doesn't apply to GB AT ALL!

You DO know GB is the white guy playing #18, right?!

Probably unlike yourself, I'm a seasoncard holder and I have read on here so many times the eulogising of City fans about Barry.

I have to say I was surprised in the extreme so during the season I have kept a close eye on him to see what all the fuss is about.

My conclusions are as above and I dont recognise any of the things you are saying.

I recently watched him again in the friendly against Norway and for me that game highlighted all the weaknesses I listed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.