Gaz Baz

im being selfish in the fact im glad he is missing the euros sorry Gaz :(

he now gets a full pre season to rest and that gives him at least another quality season ahead of him imho.

Damocles said:
Theres no greater way of showing a complete lack of understanding about the game of football than not rating Gareth Barry.

Its that simple. You dont rate Barry, you dont know your football. Exactly the same as Carrick. Its like somebody not rating Aguero or Rooney. They are just as good at their jobs as them two are at their jobs. This is why one plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world and the other plays for the Champions of England. This isnt a fluke.

They stand in a class of two in England, there are no better out there. If Im deadly honest, Id give Carrick the edge on technique and Barry the edge on mental but they are both wonderful players who are a joy to watch. The fact that Carrick wasnt in the squad was infuriating and ridiculous. The fact that Hodgson tried to play Barry as a box to box is equally ridiculous.

The reason Barry plays in our team, a team with unlimited wealth who can go for any player in the world, is because he already is one of the best in the world.

Blimey , I agree with every word of that, baffling that Carrick isn't going , at least he saw the value of GazBaz initially

I wonder what that lot really think of Phil Jones.

Personally, I don't rate him that much. I really don't see what the fuss is with him. I certainly don't think he is international quality. Or is it just me?

BlakeTheBlue said:
Can i answer it for you Damo as it seems he knows nor his arse from his elbow?

1, His role is that of the calming influance in the middle of the park. He breaks up play with his brilliant positional awareness that comes with years of being a class act. His job is to then find the players who have the guile to create havock in the best and in usualy no frills simple way which he does better than anybody else in the league in my opinion.

But also for those of us who watch him closely and admire how great a player he is, we have seen him develop a killer pass last season too. Much like a top class quarter back in the NFL he has pinged some gorgeous through balls up to the front men on numerous ocasions last season.

2, Unfortunately for him the only part of his game won't be doing well is the bit he should have done at the Euros. That said however i can't hide my relief that at least one of our English lads will get spared the dimoralising effect of being beatem by Greece or Denmark or whomever does for us this time. I kinda wish Joe, Adam and Jimmy were on a beach too.

FantasyIreland said:
Chairman Wesker said:
So not silva yaya toure aguero or anyone. But Gareth Barry was the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER?

Fuck you all I'm staying in off topic where bluemoon makes more sense

Who said he was THE most impartant player to winning the league? No doubting he was a key elemant all season but no player deserves that credit over another. It was a true team effort.

@ Fantasy Ireland.... I just noticed the post above where you suggest Marouane (I go missing in 90% of matches) Fellaini as Barrys "replacement"... WTF? Nuff said realy mate.

Damocles will disagree with you. Barry is a mopper upper in chief. That's his main job. His next job, where he will agree with you is to give the ball to Gordon i.e. a player who might do something with it.

IMHO he cant pass forward more than two yards, cant tackle, cant head the ball and he shits himself in a fifty fifty challenge but apart from that he is great.

I would have De Jong ahead of him any day.

The thing about barry is you need to see the game from a tactical perspective to see his importance, sometimes I watch away games on the tv and get pissed off with Barry and his sometimes sloppy distribution but when I'm in East Stand Level 3 when you get an aerial view its phenomenal the amount of work he puts in for the team, He is a great player but to be fair to carrick he probably does a lot of good work but we don't see it as I rarely watch a 90 minute rag game unless its a derby.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
The thing about barry is you need to see the game from a tactical perspective to see his importance, sometimes I watch away games on the tv and get pissed off with Barry and his sometimes sloppy distribution but when I'm in East Stand Level 3 when you get an aerial view its phenomenal the amount of work he puts in for the team, He is a great player but to be fair to carrick he probably does a lot of good work but we don't see it as I rarely watch a 90 minute rag game unless its a derby.
We know you need to understand football to rate Barry. No-one's arguing against that. It's a point that needn't have been made.

Skashion said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
We know you need to understand football to rate Barry. No-one's arguing against that. It's a point that needn't have been made.

I couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread before I replied, sorry your highness

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.