Gaz Baz

blutomato42 said:
woody7figure said:
Definitely one of the most under rated players in the league. He was awesome in the 6-1 last season (amongst many others)
Although United still point to Evans being sent off as an excuse, showing how crap their defence is without him, an equally crap defender. Fergie did say at one point last season he's "the best defender in England", so it's obviously true.

Sorry, but I actually have to disagree with you on that, I thought Milner was better, he was everywhere, and set up two of the goals, but yeah, Barry was key a lot last season, although hopeless in some games.

Milner and Silva were the tactical beasts of that epic game :D Like many great battles in history; It was won on the flanks. Aww, I'm still filled with incredible happiness when I remember that game.

I just came on to say that, but out of forum courtesy...

For the hundredth time, yes, Barry is awesome, conceding goals whilst he's absent, Mr Consistent all last season. Missing him big time.

We definitely have a new dimension this year, Gaz Baz and yaya are true all rounders (Yaya slightly more so) they can help in defence but also pass well , position well and build attacks with passing. The problem for me last year was we needed to have two all rounders in the middle to be most effective and Milner was better playing a bit more wide with a but more flexibility and De Jong was too defensive.

With Garcia and Rodwell we may well have two players who can truly rotate with Gaz Baz and Yaya and give good cover when Yaya is at the ACON and give Barry a chance to have the odd rest.

Think these two signings could allow us to be a lot more consistent and give key players rests before big league and European games.

Garcia may take some time to adaot to the Prem so he may not be his best from day 1 and both players will take time to truly bed down in the team.

Realistically I hope we dont have a first team but a centre midfield made up of any 2 or 3 of those 4 that can rotate without our performance dipping too much

EalingBlue2 said:
We need him back and I for one am really hoping he is the first name on the team sheet for the Stoke game . He allows other players to play and his intelligent positioning protects our defence hugely.

I have been gob smacked by how many fans on here still don't put him in a main 11, how many already have him behind Rodwell and Garcia.

Come on back Gaz and show these Phillistines why you are one of the main reasons we won the title!

He won't get half the games once Garcia takes his position,
The guy has a great touch, good in the air and
Is 6 years younger. I'm afraid limited ops for gb IMO
He hes been a great signing though..

Love Barry - top class and badly missed.

Pleased that the club have bought wisely though this window. Feel more confident about Yaya's ACON jolly, with Rodwell and Garcia. Also Barry is 31 and need to keep an eye on the future. I just hope Rodwell goes on to fulfill his obvious potential; got many strings to his particular bow - his athleticism and stamina are real bonus for a DM.

BLOOMUEN said:
Love Barry - top class and badly missed.

Pleased that the club have bought wisely though this window. Feel more confident about Yaya's ACON jolly, with Rodwell and Garcia. Also Barry is 31 and need to keep an eye on the future. I just hope Rodwell goes on to fulfill his obvious potential; got many strings to his particular bow - his athleticism and stamina are real bonus for a DM.

Agreed.

I'm sure in certain games especially away from home we'll play Barry, Yaya, Rodwell and Garcia in midfield. Then we might not concede two goals a game.

leighton said:
He wont walk back into the team. He wont be fit enough to start for some time. Also I think it will be Rowell and Javi Garcia who will be doing a lot to make sure he doesnt get in.

Surely got to be looking at Garcia V Stoke to get some game time in ahead of the Madrid game. Would be good if we good bring Baz on with 30mins to go to give him some time, he can't possibly be involved V Madrid having missed 3months.

Expect 2 of either Garcia, Rodwell or Milner to overtake Baz for the CM spot with Yaya over the course of this season, will still need him though, no doubt.

I think a transitional period between Barry coming on gradually over the next few games/months will also coincide with Rodwell and Garcia becoming more accustomed to our style of play etc. Which should hopefully prove to be the perfect mix of getting the three midfielders into the best shape/levels of performance, giving Mancini a real headache over selection.

Unsung hero last year! - Like you say OP he allows other players to play with some freedom..

We've had a shaky start to the season but were still 1 point clear of who i perceive to be our main rivals..And after all its a long ole season as we all know..

I think after our great star last season i personally expected maybe too much! - But fuck it 3 points is 3points don't matter how you play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.