Gazza thread

For all of his marvellous skill, I started to despise Gazza during a game at Maine Rd. sometime in the eighties. I was in the middle of the Kippax, with an excellent view of the following incident; perhaps some other fans on the forum saw it too:

During a City attack, the ball came to Paul Lake, roughly on the halfway line. Paul trod on the ball and lost his balance and Gazza took full advantage and got a goal. So far, fair enough, but at the same time he did the 'donkey's ears' sign at Paul - a complete lack of respect shown towards one of the best (if not THE best) of City's crop of young talent at the time.

To me, this was a good indication of Gazza's attitude to people in general and my opinion was later borne out by reports of his treatment of his family.

Paul Lake's career was ended prematurely by injury which could not be blamed on him.

Gazza's finished early because of his own character weaknesses.

I know which one has my sympathy.

I'm not too sure it's a character weakness remoh. He has Bipolar disorder ,OCD and Manic depression all of which are classed as illnesses his only character weakness is he has an addictive personality.But after reading his last book called being gazza he claimed he was well on the way to recovery i fear he will never change.

shaunmcfc11 said:
I'm not too sure it's a character weakness remoh. He has Bipolar disorder ,OCD and Manic depression all of which are classed as illnesses his only character weakness is he has an addictive personality.But after reading his last book called being gazza he claimed he was well on the way to recovery i fear he will never change.

I stand corrected Shaun, but I'll never forget the impression he made on me that day.

Dont get me wrong though I think he is an arsehole for that aswell.I was a big fan of paul lake aswell.There is no need for taking the piss like that.

remoh said:
shaunmcfc11 said:

I stand corrected Shaun, but I'll never forget the impression he made on me that day.

Unfortunate gesture to witness remoh. But, like Shaun intimates, this kind of behaviour is symptomatic of Manic Depression. The giddiness hits a high and unsuitable behaviour kicks in. The person that this is happening to is not enjoying it either. They can't help it but they instinctively know that something isn't right.

mackenzie said:
remoh said:
shaunmcfc11 said:

Unfortunate gesture to witness remoh. But, like Shaun intimates, this kind of behaviour is symptomatic of Manic Depression. The giddiness hits a high and unsuitable behaviour kicks in. The person that this is happening to is not enjoying it either. They can't help it but they instinctively know that something isn't right.

Fair enough.

Did you know that 1 night he was so wrecked that Bryan Robson had to pick him up from a train station in tyneside and the next morning he had a press conference and said publicly I will never touch drink again that promise lasted only 2 days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.