Gazzetta: Sneijder completes €36m move to City (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest from Gazzetta dello Sport transfer page:

11.00 — Marco Branca fa il punto su Sneijder e Eto'o, due pezzi pregiati dati in partenza dall'Inter. "Il City si è fatto vivo per Sneijder? Trattandosi di uno dei giocatori più forti del mondo è chiaro che ci sono stato dei sondaggi. Ma non è ancora stato fissato un prezzo. Wesley ha a cuore l'Inter, e mi sembra che sia lui che Eto'o abbiano detto di voler rimanere. Anche perché l'Inter non vuole che nessuno resti o parta se non lo fa volentieri".

It says:
"Marco Branca speaks out on Sneijder and Eto'o, two valuable assets who are said to be leaving inter. "If City has called for Sneijder? Since we're talking about one of the best players in the world, there have of course been interest. But a price has not yet been agreed. Wesley has an Inter heart, and I believe both him and Eto'o have said they want to stay. Also because Inter doesn't want anyone to remain if he's not glad to be here."

"But a price has not been agreed" is an incredible softening of his stance yesterday where he said there has been no contact with City what so ever. It also seems like he's laying the foundations to be able to say afterwards that it was Wesley who wanted to leave, not Inter that wanted to sell, to appease the fans... this is going in the right direction as far as I can see.

More importantly, Gazzetta has still not released anything to retract the categorical statement that Sneijder is done and dusted for City, it actually looks good from my viewpoint.

What has happened with Adebayor and Real Madrid should surely convince anyone that letting Inter have Tevez on loan without a contractual requirement that they buy him at a stipulated sum at the end of the season would invite trouble for us at the end of the loan period and should not be considered under any circumstances.

I reckon RammyBlues is along the right lines, though I think that it would be more of our starting-point for negotiation. Whatever the public statements, everyone who matters at City will surely realise by now that valuing Tevez at £50m is wildly optimistic (and hopefully everyone who matters will agree on the urgency of selling him).

This Gazzeta report is a load of crap, we have already denied bidding for Sneijder but they continue rambling on about it

MCFC 4 EVER said:
This Gazzeta report is a load of crap, we have already denied bidding for Sneijder but they continue rambling on about it

No we haven't.

And the Gazzetta report is anything but crap.

damocles, i've read your posts on this thread, and it seems like you're pretty confident,

i'll take your word for it :)

Damocles said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:

No we haven't.

I'm pretty sure that we denied bidding yesterday

Number10 said:
Latest from Gazzetta dello Sport transfer page:

11.00 — Marco Branca fa il punto su Sneijder e Eto'o, due pezzi pregiati dati in partenza dall'Inter. "Il City si è fatto vivo per Sneijder? Trattandosi di uno dei giocatori più forti del mondo è chiaro che ci sono stato dei sondaggi. Ma non è ancora stato fissato un prezzo. Wesley ha a cuore l'Inter, e mi sembra che sia lui che Eto'o abbiano detto di voler rimanere. Anche perché l'Inter non vuole che nessuno resti o parta se non lo fa volentieri".

It says:
"Marco Branca speaks out on Sneijder and Eto'o, two valuable assets who are said to be leaving inter. "If City has called for Sneijder? Since we're talking about one of the best players in the world, there have of course been interest. But a price has not yet been agreed. Wesley has an Inter heard, and I believe both him and Eto'o have said they want to stay. Also because Inter doesn't want anyone to remain if he's not glad to be here."

"But a price has not been agreed" is an incredible softening of his stance yesterday where he said there has been no contact with City what so ever. It also seems like he's laying the foundations to be able to say afterwards that it was Wesley who wanted to leave, not Inter that wanted to sell, to appease the fans... this is going in the right direction as far as I can see.

More importantly, Gazzetta has still not released anything to retract the categorical statement that Sneijder is done and dusted for City, it actually looks good from my viewpoint.

Hugely ironic that the apparent setback that was the departure of our best player, could turn out to work to our advantage, with the leverage that the possibility of signing Tevez gives us with Inter. A swap deal has made sense to me from day 1 and I still think it'll happen.

MCFC 4 EVER said:
Damocles said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:

No we haven't.

Nope, it was all "A City source said...". Funnily, when the Eriksen deal was mentioned, City immediately released an official statement to the Press Association denying the claims.

Damocles said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
Damocles said:
No we haven't.

Nope, it was all "A City source said...". Funnily, when the Eriksen deal was mentioned, City immediately released an official statement to the Press Association denying the claims.
I'll take your word for it Damocles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.