Gazzetta: Sneijder completes €36m move to City (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
richards30 said:
newbluegonads said:
well i'm thinking we are not really that interested in wes.
i think our club is being clever with spin.
make it look like we are on the verge of signing wesley.
baconface gets into a panic and urges his board to stump up the asking price.
inter then get the cash they need to pay for carlos so that we dont HAVE TO accept loan deals or player swaps.

wenger meanwhile is thinking, "hang on a minute" if city really are in for wesley then arsenal could miss out on the money we were going to pay for nasri thus softening his stance and selling us the player we REALLY are after.
Not a bad theory mate but the bottom line is the rags don't have the the funds for sneijder!!! 4-5 year contract at £200,000 plus a week is way out of their range.

Mate, I dont think he is. United have cut their wage bill significantly this year after VDS, Neville, Scholes, O'Shea, Brown, Hargreaves and possibly Berbatov leaving.

I am very sure that if Fergire wants to spend the money on him, they can afford it.

WTGD!! said:
richards30 said:
newbluegonads said:
inter then get the cash they need to pay for carlos so that we dont HAVE TO accept loan deals or player swaps.

wenger meanwhile is thinking, "hang on a minute" if city really are in for wesley then arsenal could miss out on the money we were going to pay for nasri thus softening his stance and selling us the player we REALLY are after.
Not a bad theory mate but the bottom line is the rags don't have the the funds for sneijder!!! 4-5 year contract at £200,000 plus a week is way out of their range.

Mate, I dont think he is. United have cut their wage bill significantly this year after VDS, Neville, Scholes, O'Shea, Brown, Hargreaves and possibly Berbatov leaving.

I am very sure that if Fergire wants to spend the money on him, they can afford it.

Fergie isn't stupid and that's the reason why he stated that they're not interested in anyone else, he doesn't want to get in to a bidding war with us.

There's a lot of bluffs and counter bluffs going on at the moment, in my experience it's usually the chip leader that wins the pot if patient enough.

Don't forget about the clause in the Rooney contract to ensure he remains the highest paid player at the team. I believe Nani has something similar, but not as huge.

So adding a 250,000/week earner to the squad would really be like adding 350,000/week to their wage bill. Never gonna happen. Utd have never spent like that. Nobody has for that matter

WTGD!! said:
richards30 said:
newbluegonads said:

Maybe they dont want to be seen as bowing to his demands !! this is Ushited you know ;)

Mancio said:
richards30 said:

i wasnt talking of rotation and resting mate , i was just saying that sneijder is the classic "highlights" player .

if you watch only the highlights then sneijder will seem a hero , if you watch the entire games often you'll seen nothing other[/quote

is that why your not a fan mancio??? Players can't be outstanding every single game!! Silva,yaya,tevez all had bad matches or bad periods last season but when we needed them they delivered!! I class sneijder in that category mate.

and here is where we have to agree to disagree ;)

sneijder doesnt have half of that players workrate , not even half.

i know mancini accept a low workrate from the strikers , not from the midfielders , and that is the reason i dont think he love sneijder.
I have enjoyed the debate this morning. I have to agree with Mancio, quality player that Wes is I would prefer Nasri. On the basis that Wes won't have the engine that Robertos system requires and I thought Nasri was superb during the period Cesc was out injured.

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
Don't forget about the clause in the Rooney contract to ensure he remains the highest paid player at the team. I believe Nani has something similar, but not as huge.

So adding a 250,000/week earner to the squad would really be like adding 350,000/week to their wage bill. Never gonna happen. Utd have never spent like that. Nobody has for that matter
"Never spent like that"? Maybe not those sums, as they get higher every year, but they've always had big transfer fees, especially under Taggart. As for wages, I doubt Wio was on a pittance in the first place then held them to ransom for even more. Shrek got a big deal, potentially the highest in England according to some papers.

As said, they've no FFP worries, due to their income, so it comes down to can they afford it? Having got rid of a lot of squad players who must have been on £50k per week (we had players on that before the take over, so I'd be amazed if most of theirs weren't) plus replaced VDS with a cheaper keeper, I suspect their wage bill is lower, despite the signings. Could they afford Wes? Of course they could. And it might not mean that much to shrek's wages, depending on how it was structured, e.g. Bonuses etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.