Gazzetta: Sneijder completes €36m move to City (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilvaLining said:
The entire wording of that article is painting the picture of Sneijder as a complete mercenary, more interested in his bank balance than anything else. Words like extravagant and substantial etc. If City do end up signing him, the media have their angle, started by this piece:

-Rags tried all they could with the different finance packages but Sneijder was being too greedy even after the rags put in ALL that effort

-We have a pay structure that can accommodate Tevez' 'hefty salary' whereas the rags have a 'carefully controlled wage structure' (of course no mention of Rooney's wage or alleged match highest earner clause), so if we do get him, we're ruining football whereas the rags are the bastions of prudence and financial responsibiity.

- All of which will result in the obvious, 'Sneijder cares more about money than playing for a team with 'history'

IMO, this article is really rather biased in favour of the rags, so aside from the whisperings from Zin, Damo and others, I would be inclined to take it with a very large shovel of salt.

Well said.

Couple hours before this the journo was bashing Mancini, agreeing with this colleague that the team was squad but the manager isn't good enough.

bobmcfc said:
dfdf.jpg

reaction to duncans "exclusive"
why are you wearing a red beanie on the eve of the charity shield? :)

richball_PF55 said:
The Rags will get him, Fuck him anyway.
Nasri is a better buy.
how do you work that out??? is wes gonna take £100,000 a week paycut then????? already been said they couldnt afford his wages and then he cant earn more than rooney and they cant afford another £200,000 per week!! we on the other hand could let carlos go there and our wage structure wouldnt change!! it would cost us no more for the books!

SilvaLining wrote:
The entire wording of that article is painting the picture of Sneijder as a complete mercenary, more interested in his bank balance than anything else. Words like extravagant and substantial etc. If City do end up signing him, the media have their angle, started by this piece:

-Rags tried all they could with the different finance packages but Sneijder was being too greedy even after the rags put in ALL that effort

-We have a pay structure that can accommodate Tevez' 'hefty salary' whereas the rags have a 'carefully controlled wage structure' (of course no mention of Rooney's wage or alleged match highest earner clause), so if we do get him, we're ruining football whereas the rags are the bastions of prudence and financial responsibiity.

- All of which will result in the obvious, 'Sneijder cares more about money than playing for a team with 'history'

IMO, this article is really rather biased in favour of the rags, so aside from the whisperings from Zin, Damo and others, I would be inclined to take it with a very large shovel of salt.

TBF to him he has never denied it, always said if he left inter then he would demand in excess of 200K per week. The rags did everything they could to sign him, they tried the Barca way look at us with our history and tradition, Sneijder show me my money, so they went away and tried to help out his misses, sneijder show me the money, they tried to get extra sponsorship, Sneijder show me the money, so having been beaten by him on every aspect they distance themselves saying they have never bid. Shakin bacon always wanting to make it look for City "not in my lifetime" those words will come back to haunt him.

The Duncan Castles story is more bullshit, he knows fuck all about what's going on, no one does apart from the major players, let's just let it play out and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.