GB News

It's what I think. I just find it weird that neutrality upsets you so much. I think GB news is a bit shit - I saw it during its first week thought it wasn't for me and didn't bother again. I think by banning someone last week for knee taking they pretty much shot themselves in the foot having promised to be 'different' and show 'all views'.
I'm also interested why folk who don't bat an eyelid at the likes of Russia today or Fox feel so upset by another partisan news channel - someone posted on here earlier in the week that it was a 'threat to democracy' and must be stopped. I'm assuming the irony of being the sort of person who wants to stop a news channel they don't like passed them by. I think GB news is best dealt with in the same way as we deal with the mail, express, the sun, and fox - don't consume them, or play your part in their imaginary woke v gammon world of hate.
The only problem with all that is that the media you mention has massive sway over public opinion

The only problem with all that is that the media you mention has massive sway over public opinion
If it does then it's just a symptom of something that is wrong, not the disease (IMHO). My concern is that I think this appeals to a small slice of the right, but by also generating 'clicks' from the outraged liberal/left it effectively doubles its footprint - like trumps twitter acct. You can't do anything about the rw, but by removing the lw outrage you deprive the fire of fuel, like the old fuel/oxygen/heat fire triangle. Without opposition/outrage, things like trump, farage, Hopkins and GB news just look like angry nutters shouting at an empty room

If it does then it's just a symptom of something that is wrong, not the disease (IMHO). My concern is that I think this appeals to a small slice of the right, but by also generating 'clicks' from the outraged liberal/left it effectively doubles its footprint - like trumps twitter acct. You can't do anything about the rw, but by removing the lw outrage you deprive the fire of fuel, like the old fuel/oxygen/heat fire triangle. Without opposition/outrage, things like trump, farage, Hopkins and GB news just look like angry nutters shouting at an empty room
Just to be clear, my moral compass is a bit wayward due to the direction my life has taken me but the shit things I get up to only really affect the other dickheads in my line of work.
But it's vitally important that the man in the street calls out the cunts who have an audience and use that to spread hatred and division. The people you mention in your post would gladly see the world burn as long as they were safely hidden away. History has a terrible habit of repeating itself and once the worst of the worst are given a platform its a long hard road to recovery.
That's why shitty news channels with an agenda are mocked, that's why the likes of Farage and trump are mocked. Sadly, they still have an audience and supporters which tend to be louder than the detractors so they will always be given airtime.
Nobody wins in this scenario. It's a very sad state of affairs.

Just to be clear, my moral compass is a bit wayward due to the direction my life has taken me but the shit things I get up to only really affect the other dickheads in my line of work.
But it's vitally important that the man in the street calls out the cunts who have an audience and use that to spread hatred and division. The people you mention in your post would gladly see the world burn as long as they were safely hidden away. History has a terrible habit of repeating itself and once the worst of the worst are given a platform its a long hard road to recovery.
That's why shitty news channels with an agenda are mocked, that's why the likes of Farage and trump are mocked. Sadly, they still have an audience and supporters which tend to be louder than the detractors so they will always be given airtime.
I absolutely take your point, but all of these people/things thrive on the notion of victimhood - standing for truth / against 'the media' , lies, the establishment, freedom etc and any attack / mocking if them feeds this. Treat them as serious equals and ask them respectful questions and they fall to pieces and will (probably) disappear.

Yep.
Ignoring them, or worse - treating them as if their views are equally valid to fact and science based views doesn’t work. When people have a platform to spout dangerous shite in a convincing way that appeals to the less educated, they need to be challenged with facts and reality otherwise we end up with more Trumps and Johnsons. Labelling them as left or right wing doesn’t help either. People can have opinions from all ends of the political spectrum and as long as they are not based on lies I can respect their opinions even if I don’t agree with them. Giving liars a free run is a bad idea.

I absolutely take your point, but all of these people/things thrive on the notion of victimhood - standing for truth / against 'the media' , lies, the establishment, freedom etc and any attack / mocking if them feeds this. Treat them as serious equals and ask them respectful questions and they fall to pieces and will (probably) disappear.
But we are at the point where the media, or basically anybody, seldom ask respectful questions because the pressure to provide content in a world of rolling 24 hrs news means content is more important than truth.

It's the beginning of the end, mate. There will be books written and kids learning history studying this period in disbelief in 50 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.