GB News

Has the Racist Ron Burgundy called out anyone else on there today for having an ounce of humanity in them?

It is most certainly not a joke.

I think part of the problem is this though: since that Yaxley-Lennon fool has been campaigning against the grooming gangs its become a bit of a toxic thing to talk about. If you go anywhere near the topic now, some people might think you are showing some empathy for him, as well as the girls - which is obviously wrong. I find that some topics in 2020/2021 are too tricky to even try to discuss (e.g. trans-issues) so many people just stay out of them. This is one such topic because if you say slightly the wrong thing the 'r' word comes out.

Regarding this thread - the topic of GB News dare I say this:

In the last couple of days I have seen lots of criticism online targeting Sir Vince Cable (whom I've always thought to be a decent man). His 'crime'? to do an interview on this new channel (search youtube talking pints vince cable) & I admit it - I've watched it!

It is a well conducted and fair interview and I learned something new. The interviewer put it to Sir Vince that the introduction of University fees are what did for the Lib-Dems during the coalition (which was always my belief), but Sir Vince pointed to the 'brutal' 2015 campaign David Cameron ran which scared people to: ‘either vote Tory, or get Labour & the SNP’ and it was that which really 'killed' them.

I think some people had already formed an opinion about GB News before the channel even launched. I haven't seen that much of it myself due to the Euros and now the Olympics and I understand they have had 'issues' - technical glitches and also personnel problems. But it is a new channel and when an essentially good man like Sir Vince appears on it, he should not be abused out-of-hand by people who probably haven't even watched the item.
You've shown what it could have been.

Brillo Pad might be a **** but he interviews everyone the same way. He embarrassed Sunak on there. More of that and their editorial will change from trying to ape Faux News to something like the I Paper on TV.

Advertising revenue wins out sadly so as long as Fuhrage and the rest of the right wingers say something that generates more revenue they will stick with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A combination of fascism and mental illness, this is unhinged stuff.....

When people moan that no Right Wing comedians get airtime on TV here is a prime example - like Andrew Lawrence when your comedy is rooted in mocking or attacking immigrants/the unemployed/single parents/people on benefits/the disabled and so on most right thinking people just don't think you are funny - indeed many fall into a category they mock or have friends and family like that so are offended. Dolan fell into that trap and realised that instead of making fun out of it stoke anger because thats where the money is.......****. I think the only R/W comic that can raise a titter from me is Geoff Norcott because he recognises the balance required to maintain a wider popularity.

When people moan that no Right Wing comedians get airtime on TV here is a prime example - like Andrew Lawrence when your comedy is rooted in mocking or attacking immigrants/the unemployed/single parents/people on benefits/the disabled and so on most right thinking people just don't think you are funny - indeed many fall into a category they mock or have friends and family like that so are offended. Dolan fell into that trap and realised that instead of making fun out of it stoke anger because thats where the money is.......****. I think the only R/W comic that can raise a titter from me is Geoff Norcott because he recognises the balance required to maintain a wider popularity.
Mentioned him before.
He started on a pound shop Chris Morris doing those 'taking the piss out of people he/they thought they're superior to' vox pops that Morris did brilliantly. But Morris usually got 'celebrities' but in a satirical manner never cruel or 'supercilious' like Dolan and other poor comedians did.

There does seem to be a bandwagon for 'freedom' gigs now (basically a conduit for shite acts/comedians struggling for oxygen: see also Ian Brown and Wrong said Fred).

All about the moolah of course but I'm amazed how many have been taken in by this.

Mentioned him before.
He started on a pound shop Chris Morris doing those 'taking the piss out of people he/they thought they're superior to' vox pops that Morris did brilliantly. But Morris usually got 'celebrities' but in a satirical manner never cruel or 'supercilious' like Dolan and other poor comedians did.

There does seem to be a bandwagon for 'freedom' gigs now (basically a conduit for shite acts/comedians struggling for oxygen: see also Ian Brown and Wrong said Fred).

All about the moolah of course but I'm amazed how many have been taken in by this.

Its odd isn't it? R/W grifters trying to fleece people whereas pro-vaxxers happy to encourage for free yet some nobheads are happier to be grifted by fake science

Its odd isn't it? R/W grifters trying to fleece people whereas pro-vaxxers happy to encourage for free yet some nobheads are happier to be grifted by fake science
Yup.
That Bob Moran was a surprise.
Talented cartoonist that could probably (maybe) use the sharp sword of political cartooning/lampooning to really dig into those that run the country do despicably. Instead he's chosen to gather a crowd desperate for conspiratorial truth.

Has to be about cornering a market, a greenfield niche as other avenues may have either dried up or are over crowded.

It is most certainly not a joke.

I think part of the problem is this though: since that Yaxley-Lennon fool has been campaigning against the grooming gangs its become a bit of a toxic thing to talk about. If you go anywhere near the topic now, some people might think you are showing some empathy for him, as well as the girls - which is obviously wrong. I find that some topics in 2020/2021 are too tricky to even try to discuss (e.g. trans-issues) so many people just stay out of them. This is one such topic because if you say slightly the wrong thing the 'r' word comes out.

Regarding this thread - the topic of GB News dare I say this:

In the last couple of days I have seen lots of criticism online targeting Sir Vince Cable (whom I've always thought to be a decent man). His 'crime'? to do an interview on this new channel (search youtube talking pints vince cable) & I admit it - I've watched it!

It is a well conducted and fair interview and I learned something new. The interviewer put it to Sir Vince that the introduction of University fees are what did for the Lib-Dems during the coalition (which was always my belief), but Sir Vince pointed to the 'brutal' 2015 campaign David Cameron ran which scared people to: ‘either vote Tory, or get Labour & the SNP’ and it was that which really 'killed' them.

I think some people had already formed an opinion about GB News before the channel even launched. I haven't seen that much of it myself due to the Euros and now the Olympics and I understand they have had 'issues' - technical glitches and also personnel problems. But it is a new channel and when an essentially good man like Sir Vince appears on it, he should not be abused out-of-hand by people who probably haven't even watched the item.
I'd formed an opinion about GB news before it launched, but it's been worse than that.

Deciding to appear on it must be like deciding to appear on Russia Today. The interview might be fair but the station's agenda is suspect. Conversely, GB news can't complain if people refuse to share a platform / TV station with racists. Farage should have been sacked after his anti Semitic stuff last week. This was not saying slightly the wrong thing.

Racist and hypocrite.

Comedian? What comedian?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.