GB News

I’ve watched it a couple of times out of curiosity, the first time there was a feature about rail services in the north (featuring real northerners - not often seen on the news!), and again just now an interview with a woman in Afghanistan. I can’t help feel the idea it’s a manic anti-immigrant channel is overblown, there seems to be plenty of mainstream stuff on there.

I haven’t watched Farage’s show though so maybe that’s what I’m ‘missing’.

On the rare occasions I am obliged to watch BBC’s ‘Look North‘ it‘s wall to wall Northerners. Unless they are ‘fake’ Northerners.

On the rare occasions I am obliged to watch BBC’s ‘Look North‘ it‘s wall to wall Northerners. Unless they are ‘fake’ Northerners.
Regional news is the exception, national news is probably not 20%+ northerners, even a good number of MPs seem to be parachuted in, and obviously the region has less political representation compared to Scotland and Wales which affects how issues get covered.

I came on to make a comment on the thread that was called something like: 'Priti Patel has a plan....' but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Am I misremembering?

Oh hang on - edit, I found it!

Last edited:
If we have another lockdown I will be intrigued to see their editorial plays out.

I'll go full on anti vax batshit loop.

Have they mentioned anything about the Queen being in support of BLM ?

should imagine they’ll struggle with that segment

The key point is that people's genetic origin is irrelevant, it's a cultural thing.

We live in a country that has evolved culturally to what it is now and it is forever changing and evolving, and it is only natural to not want it to become too alien too quickly. However we have absorbed wave after wave of immigrants that have all learned to integrate with the existing population to a lesser or greater extent. Yet most have still retained elements of their imported culture that we don't appear to have a problem with, and some elements of that imported culture have become mainstream in English life, such as our taste for Indian, Italian, Chinese and many other cuisines. There's absolutely no reason why we can't successfully absorb another wave of immigrants of which many will absorb our culture and some of their's will rub off on us.

Using nativeness (if that's a word) and lineage as a measure is irrelevant, pointless and counterproductive, and has never been part of how this country has evolved over the centuries (until Brexit).

Just sitting down dead excited to cheer on GB's Emma Raducanu.

(born in Canada to parents from Romania and China).

Just saying....

I suppose because she is cute & talented and a millionaire its slightly different to those people who arrive destitute, illegally & on a boat from France; hairy-arsed fellas saying they are 16 when in fact they look like Diego Costa.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.