GB News

Never watched GB news, don't understand why anyone would want to watch something so pigeonholed in an idealogy. The BBC, for all its flaws, is still the best for balance. I've seen the odd snippet of GBN online and it's purpose seems to be to rile right wing extremists who can then spew their ill-informed shite to anyone willing to listen; thankfully, that isn't a great many people.
It's akin to a Nuremberg rally on the television.

It's akin to a Nuremberg rally on the television.
Godwin's law kicking in nicely there. Not sure I agree. From what I've seen it seems to be a televised version of the daily mail. Not something I find interesting, but like the mail it plays on the often irrational fears of the older generation. It's just a fox news style grift for the 'less analytical' viewers out there.

Godwin's law kicking in nicely there. Not sure I agree. From what I've seen it seems to be a televised version of the daily mail. Not something I find interesting, but like the mail it plays on the often irrational fears of the older generation. It's just a fox news style grift for the 'less analytical' viewers out there.
That's the best analogy. It's basically right wing propaganda. Would be interesting to see demographs in terms of viewership. Willing to bet the biggest percentile will be over-50s.

Oh right

That's the best analogy. It's basically right wing propaganda. Would be interesting to see demographs in terms of viewership. Willing to bet the biggest percentile will be over-50s.
Yes, I imagine so. A demographic that gets generally more RW, scared, and fixed in its views - comes to us all! It's a cynical commercial enterprise rather than social engineering I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.