GB News

Pierce is such a Tory lackey and lickspittle and I think he would not even challenge someone who phoned in to attak homosexuals whereas I know Iain Dale who is also a lackey and a lickspittle wouldn't let them get away with it.

Both are gay but only one of them has a shred of decency and morality in my view

Giving him too much credit there, he would probably join in.

In a BBC documentary in 2018 about Greg Owen and the court case National AIDS Trust v NHS Service Commissioning Board, Pierce strongly criticised the idea of taxpayer-funded PrEP, a preventative medication to protect against contracting HIV: "That's what this is about: indulging gay men who don't want to use a condom. Well that's outrageous. Why should the taxpayer subsidise a reckless sex life of people in the gay community?"

I was just reflecting on the UK media earlier on whether we have anything that's close to impartial.
HIGNFY (which is hardly biting satire these days, as much as I still enjoy it) and the Independent newspaper?
Which side of the fence does the likes of Huff Post sit?

Or is it more complex than that and anything 'down the middle' could be deemed as either left or right depending on the viewpoint. Much like the BBC, at least until recently.

There's still some very good journalists out there but the landscape feels very grim atm (see the hawks around Linekar this morning).
I feel as though trust in almost anything has been gradually eroded. I glues there's always been the sensationalism & a trail of money and marketing in 'news' which is a form of entertainment I suppose.

Some of those who early on thought GB News would offer this....wow.

I was just reflecting on the UK media earlier on whether we have anything that's close to impartial.
HIGNFY (which is hardly biting satire these days, as much as I still enjoy it) and the Independent newspaper?
Which side of the fence does the likes of Huff Post sit?

Or is it more complex than that and anything 'down the middle' could be deemed as either left or right depending on the viewpoint. Much like the BBC, at least until recently.

There's still some very good journalists out there but the landscape feels very grim atm (see the hawks around Linekar this morning).
I feel as though trust in almost anything has been gradually eroded. I glues there's always been the sensationalism & a trail of money and marketing in 'news' which is a form of entertainment I suppose.

Some of those who early on thought GB News would offer this....wow.

BBC is far from perfect but I think it constantly try’s it’s best to stay impartial- it’s why it has to be protected at all costs.
Imagine a country dominated by GB News, Talk TV and social media outlets for ‘news’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.