gelson and darius are ****

mr t said:
Gelson Fernandes looked half decent when he joined under Sven but recently he has looked awful.

He trots round like highly strung horse and wants to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible - normally sidewards or backwards - he seems to have forgotten how to put the ball forward. I don't think he will be an asset to us in the future - He might prove me wrong in the next few weeks - I hope he does.

We got Darius Vassell for about 1m from Villa and he has been well worth that money.

He has worked hard for us but his best days are behind him and if we really do have the ambition to challenge the top 4 then we need to get better players than him into our squad.

I like Vassell but I really don't think that we want to have player like him in the starting 11 or even on the bench - the only thing that could keep him there would be the sympathy vote - yesterday I would have played Garrido or Adam Clayton before Vassell and I would also do that in the weks to come - let's hope Shaun makes a quick recovery!!!

Spot on with Vassell there. He did it for us first couple of seasons but we've just outgrown him now as a club and a team. Can't fault his effort though 110% every performance. The earing thing was a debarcle though.

Re: gelson and darius are wank

RobbieBrewer said:
Some extremely short memories here.

Vassell joined City for £1.5 million at a time when we hadn't got a pot to piss in,was a "sometime" England interntional under Sven and was by far the best player we could get for the money.

He linked up well with Cole for half a season until he got injured,and played some good stuff.Then he went "off the boil" in terms of confidence as the team struggled,Pearce went to "boarding up the goals" in an attempt to stay up and Vass was sacrificed....

Now I'm the first person to admit that he's not the best player in the world,but unlike a few others you can't acuse him of giving anything less than %100 during his time at the club.He's also never moaned no matter wher he's asked to play,he never slags the club despite getting some horrendous clog from his own so-called "fans" and you don't see him in the papers for the wrong reasons.
By all means have an opinion on him,but some people on here basically want the guy lynched for nothing more than being an average,honest pro making mistakes,as all players do and will continue to forever more.
I've heard dickheads near me BOOING him at CoMs when his name is announced-FOR WHAT?
WTF is that shit all about?Again,why does he deserve that?

He will be gone soon-but I will wish him well and thank him for his goal against the rags at the swamp that gave me one of my best days out as a Blue and his %100 genuine professional attitude.

youre not wrong, and the dicks that publically slag him (or anyone) deserve a slap, cos it aint gonna make anyone play better - but back to the point - Vass, try as he might delivers 100% of fuck all. At the time he was a decent signing, and although never prolific did offer something to the team. But those days are long gone, and we cant afford to players who dont make a telling contribution.

Gelson perhaps one for the future. Vass sadly very much a man of the past.

DV with Cole he was OK now so well past his sell by date he has gone sour If his only atribute is he gives 100% well do you really believe that that is a good enough reason to merit a place in top flight football? IMO he doesn't anymore he hides

I dont agree with any boos the only one to blame for him being on the pitch is Hughes and it is a disgrace that he picks him when he could be giving young players a go but he hasn't give any of them a chance and that can't be right.

Every players performance has dropped generally, with a few exceptional team performances.
Gelson on the left mmmmm

mr t said:
Gelson Fernandes looked half decent when he joined under Sven but recently he has looked awful.

He trots round like highly strung horse and wants to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible - normally sidewards or backwards - he seems to have forgotten how to put the ball forward. I don't think he will be an asset to us in the future - He might prove me wrong in the next few weeks - I hope he does.

We got Darius Vassell for about 1m from Villa and he has been well worth that money.

He has worked hard for us but his best days are behind him and if we really do have the ambition to challenge the top 4 then we need to get better players than him into our squad.

I like Vassell but I really don't think that we want to have player like him in the starting 11 or even on the bench - the only thing that could keep him there would be the sympathy vote - yesterday I would have played Garrido or Adam Clayton before Vassell and I would also do that in the weks to come - let's hope Shaun makes a quick recovery!!!

I am not a Fernandez fan, but re. your comment about him passing backwards etc.,it's hard to pass forwards when, as is often the case with us these days, no-one is making a run or trying to lose his marker. I think Elano suffers the same way, so we end up with a defender booting it up the pitch, where we instantly lose possession Tired or lazy? We can only guess.

DonnyCityLove said:
Gelson is young and experienced,at least give him a chance

He's had his chance and he chose to run around in circles, give the ball away and dive in like a dick, he offers nothing to the team and is definitely not good enough for where we want to be aiming for, shits me up as much as Ben-Haim, get rid.

Daniel Sturridge said:
DonnyCityLove said:
Gelson is young and experienced,at least give him a chance

He's had his chance and he chose to run around in circles, give the ball away and dive in like a dick, he offers nothing to the team and is definitely not good enough for where we want to be aiming for, shits me up as much as Ben-Haim, get rid.

yeh get rid of someone whos 21 years old experincing his first year in a league like the PL after around 5-6 games? he hasnt even been that bad?

DonnyCityLove said:
Daniel Sturridge said:

yeh get rid of someone whos 21 years old experincing his first year in a league like the PL after around 5-6 games? he hasnt even been that bad?

It's his second year in the PL and he's played far more than 5-6 games, the only reason he plays is cause he has a lot of energy, footballing wise he's awful. He can't pass, he dives into tackles and gets silly bookings like against Spurs and he's basically an all round bad footballer. He bounces around the pitch every game achieving nothing, he's like a little kid at school trying to get his lunchbox back off the bullies. I see what your saying about his age but it's the basics he can't even do and it's not good enough for our club. He has to go IMO and I wish him luck if he does go.

But people seem to forget,players dont peek till 24 at least,so why bail them out at 21 when there learning?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.