General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
When you are PM, it's your job to represent your country at events like this. It's a very bad look to fuck off early, in fact, it's close to an insult.

If there was, for example a military or terrorist emergency requiring his urgent presence at No 10, then, and only then, would it be understandable/forgivable.

If Jeremy Corbyn was PM and had behaved like this the shit storm would have lasted for a month. But, for what it's worth, I think Corbyn would have had more respect.

Corbyn may have worn ‘the wrong coat’, but at least he turned up and stayed to the end :)
I remember the usual right wing media headlines about Corbyn SNUBBING Remembrance Day dinner, and photos of him "doing a jig" after the service in London.
What they failed to say was that instead of attending a gala dinner with the Generals, he returned to his constituency to attend a local service of Remembrance, and the photographer who took the pictures of him "doing a jig" published the roll of photos showing Corbyn was walking along the street chatting to a former member of the Paras and his "jig" was him using his hands to express what he was discussing with the Old Soldier.
Sadly I can't remember now if it was the French Lords publication (hooray for the brownshirts) or the publication then owned by the brothers from the private island off Sark in the Channel Islands

"Bonus Newscast" just appeared on my phone.

Tory K giving the official Tory line on Rishi's 'mistake' incoming.

Even Mercers apologies for him sounded disingenuous.

Fucking prick! He never supported the veterans, only himself.
Mercer's apologies could be re-written as: Sunak's ballsed up again but I like my cushy number so I'm going to make out that he really loves our veterans.
And he'll say the same about the new leader when Sunak pisses off.

the-simspons-homer.gif

I can’t be the only one who thinks the Tories just come across as incredibly rude and arrogant with these tactics? Mordaunt was fucking exhausting to listen to, talking over everybody constantly. Do they not have any proper British fucking manners?

Honestly felt like the SNP, PC and LD came off best. Flynn sounds great but some of the stuff he said on their conversations around the energy transition was just an outright lie and Angela tried to call him out on it but it fell flat.

Rayner did okay but just looked paralysed by a lack of good counter arguments.

Greens like a student union rep. Just don’t come off as serious at all as much as I agree with some of what they say.

Clockwork Nige doing his usual set. Boring as fuck. Sing a new tune. Or maybe suggest a solution once in a while instead of just pointing out problems (all of which you think fundamentally come down to immigration).

Just all a bit depressing isn’t it?

Mercer's apologies could be re-written as: Sunak's ballsed up again but I like my cushy number so I'm going to make out that he really loves our veterans.
And he'll say the same about the new leader when Sunak pisses off.
Couldn’t even get the Veteran card rolled out in time as he was too busy looking after himself instead of fucking about with an extra printing machine which wasn’t required, but a good excuse.

I can’t be the only one who thinks the Tories just come across as incredibly rude and arrogant with these tactics? Mordaunt was fucking exhausting to listen to, talking over everybody constantly. Do they not have any proper British fucking manners?

Honestly felt like the SNP, PC and LD came off best. Flynn sounds great but some of the stuff he said on their conversations around the energy transition was just an outright lie and Angela tried to call him out on it but it fell flat.

Rayner did okay but just looked paralysed by a lack of good counter arguments.

Greens like a student union rep. Just don’t come off as serious at all as much as I agree with some of what they say.

Clockwork Nige doing his usual set. Boring as fuck. Sing a new tune. Or maybe suggest a solution once in a while instead of just pointing out problems (all of which you think fundamentally come down to immigration).

Just all a bit depressing isn’t it?
It seems depressing because of where we are at the moment and how none of them can really tell the truth of where they can take us. The lesser parties can promise the earth, knowing that they will have absolutely no say in what will actually transpire. Then you have the Tories, who we know are lying through their teeth just to have some form of party at the end of this while Labour keep fairly quiet to ensure there’s not too much to attack them on.

As a glass half full type of person, I’m quite looking forward to a Labour government and a boring leader to take us forward. No big policy promises, just working hard behind the scenes to make a change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.