General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
“Right leaning”?

Out of curiosity, what is your political persuasion?
I know a lot of people who have voted Reform and they're not Nazi's or far-right. They're just normal people who usually vote Tory. The party itself has its odd share of nutters of course but that isn't because the party has far-right policies.

They want to nationalise utilities, cut taxes, sort out the cost of living.. These are not far-right policies. The only policies that sit remotely close to the far-right are those on immigration but they're advocating to slow/stop immigration and not to start shooting immigrants. Slowing immigration is a very popular policy.

I don't agree with Reform btw, but I think we need to understand people and not just cast them aside or don't be surprised when they turn to the extremes. It's highly likely that Reform will be the 3rd/4th biggest party by the popular vote, I highly doubt that 5-6m people have turned into Nazi skinheads.

Just turned to BBC and FuckCuntsBurg being a twat.

She’s absolutely gutted and taking her angst out on whoever she can.

LD member just bats it off and tells how they did so well, FCsburg chewing on a hornets nest.

They’ve got a foothold and can influence the Tories. The world is a rough place at the moment and the right always rises when people are skint and desperate. Trump is coming too. It’s already happened there. I’m worried this is the thin end of the wedge.
Hopefully it gives the two main party's the kick up the arse they need and our political landscape is healthier in 5 years time. Your point about the far right rising in hard times is borne out by history though and seems to be happening across Europe.

A supposed Labour “game theorist” voter on C4 just said he voted Reform because he thought Farage would be excellent opposition to the Labour government.

IOD0szC.jpeg

If the exit poll is correct, and no reason why it isn't, the next parliament is likely to be the most left wing/progressive that we've had.

All the media will go on about though is reform...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.