General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Am I being naive in thinking that Nigel Farage single handedly got Labour into government? Looking briefly into the stats and both Lab and Lib only gained + 2.3% extra voters between them, compared with 2019 when they got absolutely horsed. But this time, a few thousand extra voters and they had a landslide victory, with the Libs also getting a record number of seats.

I suppose the Reform vote was either by those trad Conservative voters who just had enough of them and went for another right wing option, they'd rather die than vote Lab, or some people are just very gullible and this is a great example of rhetoric winning 'the hearts and minds of the people'.

Am I being naive in thinking that Nigel Farage single handedly got Labour into government? Looking briefly into the stats and both Lab and Lib only gained + 2.3% extra voters between them, compared with 2019 when they got absolutely horsed. But this time, a few thousand extra voters and they had a landslide victory, with the Libs also getting a record number of seats.

I suppose the Reform vote was either by those trad Conservative voters who just had enough of them and went for another right wing option, they'd rather die than vote Lab, or some people are just very gullible and this is a great example of rhetoric winning 'the hearts and minds of the people'.

They took plenty of Labour votes too, if reform didn't run the Tories would have still took a hammering but the libdems would have benefitted even more maybe or Labour. Reform voters might have stayed home instead who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.