General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I hope so.

It's a fucking dull job. After years of clowns, it's reassuring to have someone in who probably thinks the Stereophonics are "a bit out there".
As I and many others have said for many years now, government should be boring.

It should be where exceedingly dull but earnest, knowledgable, and honourable people carefully consider the costs and benefits of various policies and programs, along with their constituents general wishes, and then make educated, deliberate decisions with a view of continual assessment and modification, if needed. Accountability and conscientiousness should be the touchstones, and words should be carefully considered and revered as the ultimate power. It should be human-centred and inclusive. We, as citizens, should not be entertained, just informed and engaged, constantly looking to hold our leaders to account, regardless of political affiliation.

The current fervor to constantly put on a show for views and clicks is as much on us as it is on the politicians, as they wouldn’t do it if we didn’t respond in a way that benefits them.

Let’s Make Government Boring Again.

Based on his two speeches so far, Buckland would be a better leader of the Tories than any of the charlatans who've tried in the last 5 years.
I am agreeing with you even though I have no time for the Tories! At least if he were their leader you’d feel they were not going back to being the lying, two faced, cruel, disgusting people they are.

I hadn’t realised that Widdecombe was a member of the Reform party. Like Farage she seems to go from party to party wherever they might get a ‘higher’ office and not just one of the crowd.

EDIT: The things you hear when you’re avoiding Vine and his whatchamacallit!

It should be where exceedingly dull but earnest, knowledgable, and honourable people carefully consider the costs and benefits of various policies and programs, along with their constituents general wishes, and then make educated, deliberate decisions with a view of continual assessment and modification, if needed. Accountability and conscientiousness should be the touchstones, and words should be carefully considered and revered as the ultimate power. It should be human-centred and inclusive. We, as citizens, should not be entertained, just informed and engaged, constantly looking to hold our leaders to account, regardless of political affiliation.

The current fervor to constantly put on a show for views and clicks is as much on us as it is on the politicians, as they wouldn’t do it if we didn’t respond in a way that benefits them.

What a boring post!
Absolutely spot-on.

Here, here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.