General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 168 59.6%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 8.9%
  • Reform

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Green Party

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 10.3%

• Total voters
Maybe we do need to pay more tax.

I'll tell you what, if you seriously want immigration cut then you will, as the cost of training the necessary extra people to be doctors, nurses, dentists, etc, will be a lot more than 50p. We are short of labour, and while it's tempting to think we can employ the unemployable for some jobs, in reality there are numerous practical issues. Like getting folk off drugs and hypnotising them so they are willing to get out of bed for minimum wage, as opposed to earning thousands by dealing.

The first step is compulsory ID cards for all so we can work out who is here by right and who isn't. But that will not be cheap to implement or enforce, and I can already hear libertarians whining about how unfair it would be.

I'm up for any policy the majority want as long as they understand the costs and are willing to pay up without moaning.

The state pension age probably needs to go up to 70 too. Maybe 75. That's if people really want to cut immigration.
Or distribute wealth better

But you clearly have a deep rooted hatred of Sunak, all this rat faced c*unt stuff you come out with.
Not sure the asterisk you’ve deployed is doing the job you intended.

I think one’s a rat faced **** and the others’s a boring ****. Think that’s a balanced perspective.

I’m not interested in the betting odds, because I’ve watched it with my own eyes and it’s very clear that Starmer was absolutely dreadful tonight.

Starmer having to resort to ‘my family was working class’ and talking about Sunak’s wealth tells you all you need to know.

I wonder if you might be a touch biased?

I agree Starmer was wobbly and I just don't think this kind of debate suits him. If he was in court, Sunak would be in prison for contempt by now, and even in Parliament, the speaker wouldn't let him talk over everyone constantly.

Yet, in that first debate, which was pretty similar, the public said Starmer won by a lot in most polls, with YouGov almost even. Tonight, you think he was dreadful, and falling apart, but again YouGov have it as pretty even.

Perhaps most people are a bit more thoughtful, and aren't as easily swayed by who shouts the loudest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.