General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 164 60.1%
  • Conservative

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • Reform

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • Green Party

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 27 9.9%

• Total voters
I wonder if you might be a touch biased?

I agree Starmer was wobbly and I just don't think this kind of debate suits him. If he was in court, Sunak would be in prison for contempt by now, and even in Parliament, the speaker wouldn't let him talk over everyone constantly.

Yet, in that first debate, which was pretty similar, the public said Starmer won by a lot in most polls, with YouGov almost even. Tonight, you think he was dreadful, and falling apart, but again YouGov have it as pretty even.

Perhaps most people are a bit more thoughtful, and aren't as easily swayed by who shouts the loudest.
Sunak attempting to talk over Starmer probably is counterproductive because it risks turning people off the debate, and obviously Sunak needs people to be engaged if he’s to make an impact.

But I still think Starmer was really very poor tonight and when he’s challenged on certain issues he genuinely struggles. Again, the fact that he tried to fall back on this working class stuff and Sunak’s wealth tells you how much he was struggling. I would rather that sort of stuff was left out of politics.

As for the style of debate, I don’t see that as a relevant point. It is what it is and personally I place some value on being able to think on your feet.

Sunak attempting to talk over Starmer probably is counterproductive because it risks turning people off the debate, and obviously Sunak needs people to be engaged if he’s to make an impact.

But I still think Starmer was really very poor tonight and when he’s challenged on certain issues he genuinely struggles. Again, the fact that he tried to fall back on this working class stuff and Sunak’s wealth tells you how much he was struggling. I would rather that sort of stuff was left out of politics.

As for the style of debate, I don’t see that as a relevant point. It is what it is and personally I place some value on being able to think on your feet.

And through that struggle, the public thought Starmer came across as more trustworthy, likeable, in touch, and Prime Ministerial. That last one was the only one that was even close, and unsurprisingly the actual PM usually does well in those polls.

I wonder if you might be a touch biased?

I agree Starmer was wobbly and I just don't think this kind of debate suits him. If he was in court, Sunak would be in prison for contempt by now, and even in Parliament, the speaker wouldn't let him talk over everyone constantly.

Yet, in that first debate, which was pretty similar, the public said Starmer won by a lot in most polls, with YouGov almost even. Tonight, you think he was dreadful, and falling apart, but again YouGov have it as pretty even.

Perhaps most people are a bit more thoughtful, and aren't as easily swayed by who shouts the loudest.
ah - in the court of public opinion, City are bang to rights

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.