General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
We'll see. Corbyn's standing has plummeted in large part because he's being seen as an opportunistic chancer. (Funny that). Someone who sits on the fence, fails to take any sort of leadership stance in reality, but who simply moans about everything all the time and who ultimately fails to stand up and be counted. Essentially what he's been doing for the past 40 years.

Denying a GE when the country desperately wants closure and with the perception that he's doing it for political expediency (yet again) will be pounced upon by the media and do his ratings even further harm. Faced with this, I think he may agree to an October GE. He's a Brexit supporter and doesn't actually want us to remain.

Incidentally, that brings me on to another amusing point: Labour can't even decide what they would campaign for in a referendum. So they win, they negotiate a good deal with the EU and then call for a confirmatory referendum and John Healey was on the TV last night unable to say whether they would campaign in the referendum for it or not. Hahahahahahaha.

Or you could say they have played a blinder letting the tories own Brexit and being unable to deliver it, and leading them to become a white nationalist party.

Boris-Johnson-Dads-Army.jpg

As a matter of interest, why do think this? (Genuine question, I am not saying you're wrong)
Targetting their resources - a better comparison than 1983 by the poster I was replying to would have been 2001 when the LDs got 18.3% share of the vote (similar to their current poll ratings) but won 52 seats compared to 25% and 23 seats in 1983.

Edit: 2001 not 2005.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.