General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
The voting paper said remain or leave

And this mate, is the entire problem with the whole thing.

Remain meant one thing, continue as we are.

Leave could mean 20 different things and Parliament and the entire general public have to agree which one is best.

Rees-Mogg actually said in 2011, that if we ever have a referendum, it should be a two stage one where the 2nd stage is the terms in which we leave.

There should have also been a clause that if it was a close run thing, ie 52-48%, going down the EFTA route would be the direction the government takes.

Unfortunately what has happened is that the further right wing of the Tory Party have been the tail that’s shook the dog, the 48% of voters that voted remain have been treated like they don’t exist at all and Parliament hasn’t agreed with what May cooked up, as its shite. The more extreme right wing of the Tory party are at odds with parliament and most of the country, yet Johnson is appeasing them as he thinks it’ll keep him in the job.

Those that voted leave now either wish they didn’t or feel like they’ve been totally ignored because we haven’t left, when the reality is that we’ve not left because people disagree on the best direction to and it’s bloody hard to with the Good Friday Agreement and getting a good deal in the process, whilst retaining the red lines on immigration.

Possibly, but since we know Labour are unelectable -would you prefer a richer mix of the Brexit Party in the governing coalition post November?

They already are. The ERG Tories and hardline Brexit Tories are the Brexit Party. Splintering the Brexit vote with a later election seems a sensible strategy.

He think Corbyn is too left wing. That does not make him bright - it makes him dangerous. I am bright enough to have thrived in life. Let’s hope we get brexit as the people voted for.

As Tony Blair once said three keys to success "education, education, education"

What is little known is he was paraphrasing the great man Lenin

Who said three keys to success "read, read, read"

May said "no deal is better than a bad deal"

Johnson said "wibble, wibble wibble"

Who is the most prescient.

And this mate, is the entire problem with the whole thing.

Remain meant one thing, continue as we are.

Leave could mean 20 different things and Parliament and the entire general public have to agree which one is best.

Rees-Mogg actually said in 2011, that if we ever have a referendum, it should be a two stage one where the 2nd stage is the terms in which we leave.

There should have also been a clause that if it was a close run thing, ie 52-48%, going down the EFTA route would be the direction the government takes.

Unfortunately what has happened is that the further right wing of the Tory Party have been the tail that’s shook the dog, the 48% of voters that voted remain have been treated like they don’t exist at all and Parliament hasn’t agreed with what May cooked up, as its shite. The more extreme right wing of the Tory party are at odds with parliament and most of the country, yet Johnson is appeasing them as he thinks it’ll keep him in the job.

Those that voted leave now either wish they didn’t or feel like they’ve been totally ignored because we haven’t left, when the reality is that we’ve not left because people disagree on the best direction to and it’s bloody hard to with the Good Friday Agreement and getting a good deal in the process, whilst retaining the red lines on immigration.

I don’t disgaree with anything you say

Wibble is very apt in you case and you have plenty of time to read.

He think Corbyn is too left wing. That does not make him bright - it makes him dangerous. I am bright enough to have thrived in life. Let’s hope we get brexit as the people voted for.

I judge people on the content of their character, not the content of their wallet.

You don't.

I judge people on the content of their character, not the content of their wallet.

You don't.

You are very wrong. The context of my post was after being labelled less intelligent by someone who does not know me.

I judge people who think Corbyn is a good man. If they think he is too right wing they have issues.

Basic error mate, he understands wibble but can't be arsed to Google prescient.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.