General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I think that does come from the inherent bias we have through living in the culture that we do, is it morally superior? I am not so certain

Is it our right to push/force our particular moral and ethical belief system on to others, I don't believe we have that right nor should we judge based upon our preconceptions. Would a tribe as yet undiscovered living in the remote jungles of Borneo be happy to live like we do, when they have lived quite happily for thousands of years as they do. They may worship tree frogs, have a simple life compared to us,make Art in caves, music from drums, it may be based on a form of what we would consider Dictatorship but that dictator is benign and cares for the tribe and everyone eats, shares the fruits of their labour and looks after each other as they have for eons in extended families where maternalism is the accepted norm. It may be female dominated and the males are emasculated and used as what we would consider as slaves yet they are fed, happy and love their lives as servants to their female mates. They may have no need to trade, no need for shared knowledge and their level of technology may not have advanced as far as the wheel but they are content and live long and fruitful lives maybe ignorant in their bliss.

They are free to worship there tree frogs, they are free of tyranny, their Labour is valued, they have freedom of artistic expression as the benign dictator/head of the tribe loves his people and his actions are based on the actions of his forefathers in a system that has worked since time immemorial. The only issue is they are slaves to their mates desires and wishes, sounds a bit western that :)

There society would be as free as ours without a lot of the restrictions we face in a western society, they wont pay tax, but share the proceeds of their labour on a needs basis, they don't need an army as they have nobody to fight, they dont need democracy because the head of tribe makes sure the tribe is cared for at all times and everyone is well fed and labour is divided fairly and so on and so on, plus they would have the huge bonus of not having nuisance phone calls every five minutes and no internet where some **** accuses them of being a Marxist because they will never have heard of Marx anyway and they have no electricity.

You might as well have said ‘ignorance is bliss’ and left it there.

Because the Conservatives need to sip at the poisoned chalice just one more time and then be placed on the trash heap of politics having been seen to be the bunch of lying self serving shysters they are...........plus we don't trust Johnson and the ERG as far as we could throw them.

....or you know you wont win because the country will vote in larger numbers yet again for pro brexit parties.

If im wrong lets go to the polls.

Do you sleep in Union Jack pyjama's and dream of noshing off Rees Mogg?

You do appear obsessed with Brexit.

On the contrary, i think like you because I've seen you say on here numerous times that the country voted to leave and for the sake of our democracy we need to do just that, leave.

I couldn't give a rats arse if we immediately vote again to rejoin but to say to over 17 Million people fuck you, we dont care how you voted wont go down well at all.

Jolyon Maugham QC, whose Good Law Project funded the legal challenge, said: “Our understanding is that unless the supreme court grants an order in the meantime, parliament is unsuspended with immediate effect.

Does anyone think Parliamentarians are going to wander back in the meantime?

And what kind of name is Jolyon!

On the contrary, i think like you because I've seen you say on here numerous times that the country voted to leave and for the sake of our democracy we need to do just that, leave.

I couldn't give a rats arse if we immediately vote again to rejoin but to say to over 17 Million people fuck you, we dont care how you voted wont go down well at all.

I am fine with leaving, but I think there are more pressing issues than Brexit and it has been all consuming to the detriment of the nation.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.