General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of you to say bud.

Just read in the Guardian that Corbyn will have a new higher tax on the "wealthy" people earning over £80,000.

Seeing as the current rate is 45% and NI is also a tax, do you feel comfortable with taking over 50p in the pound from earnings over £80k?

It's just theft if you ask me.

I think everyone should contribute, £80000 I would say is not a figure I would tax by half, readressing the gaps in wages is more important, and then tax fairly.

Kind of you to say bud.

Just read in the Guardian that Corbyn will have a new higher tax on the "wealthy" people earning over £80,000.

Seeing as the current rate is 45% and NI is also a tax, do you feel comfortable with taking over 50p in the pound from earnings over £80k?

It's just theft if you ask me.
Once tax rises to the extent proposed by idiots like Corbyn, ie, paying the government more than you're getting,
the tax take always drops as a result, yet the envy crew just never get it.
I remember Labour introducing a top tax rate of 83%, plus 15% on anything in the bank, the damage to the exchequer
was colossal, investment collapsed and the tax take plummeted.

According to the Sunday Times, Labour's target is to match the 30.4% of the vote that Milliband achieved in 2015, as they believe that would keep Corbyn in his job.

Hence the focus will be on appealing to the core vote across the country rather than winning or holding onto marginal seats.

An interesting strategy, if true.

That's an understatement.

so the main opposition, and the party that was in government for 13 years only 7 years ago, now wants to achieve the support of less than a third of 60% (probably less as I doubt turnout will be that high this time) of the population, tells you all you need to know about the people backing this version of the party.

According to the Sunday Times, Labour's target is to match the 30.4% of the vote that Milliband achieved in 2015, as they believe that would keep Corbyn in his job.

Hence the focus will be on appealing to the core vote across the country rather than winning or holding onto marginal seats.

An interesting strategy, if true.
And I suspect is true. The guy has no shame. This is why I am thinking twice of giving him any sustenance by voting Labour. Life long Labour member but not voting Labour (or anyone) go figure. When Foot was giving the Party away, I stayed and fought for modernisation. I now just bow and shake my head in dispare. My generation are the ones who have been given opportunities and thrived due to the post war reforms Labour introduced. It is now my and subsequent generations who are being let down by the Party. The terminology and terms of reference used are so cliched and old hat. Time for a clean sweep. We are now services based economy and company tax should be insentivised to drive that. We have given away the utilities and we had our first ever 24hrs electricity supply with no input from coal. The 20th Centuary is dead. Do I believe Tory voters are nasty - no. I do however believe the inner sanctum of that party have vested interests which do not always tally with a social justice agenda. Dogma has ruled out too many options for labour in the past.

This notion that the so called rich should pay more tax; in this case, Labours plan to increase the income tax rate of those earning over £80,000 is bulls**t. Basic mathematics shows that the rich already pay more tax by virtue of the fact that 20% (basic rate of income tax) of £40,000 is twice as much as 20% of £20,000.

I don't know the significance of it but the figure of £80,000 is slightly higher than an MP's salary of £74,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.