General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It never bothered me mate, my disposable income was still far more than theirs but there's a good argument to be had from both sides of the fence.
That's fine. I want to know if anyone thinks 24x tax is not enough for that scenario.

We already know Vic asks why anyone should need more than £80k.

I went to a shit high school left having failed my A levels as I was working part time to help my parents get by due to their poor business acumen. Joined the military as a way of securing a proper income and usable skills, unfortunately the trade I chose "Flight Engineer" was being phased out in the civilian world due to automation in aircraft systems. Left after 10 years service with little to show for it and a huge divorce bill to boot. Payed for my civilian pilots license but after 5 years flying 9/11 crushed the industry so I odd jobbed fitting kitchens while looking for something permanent. Made a big decision to leave the Uk permanently when a training position came up and worked my way to a management position by shear will and hard work, accepting all the shittiest schedules and deployments.

No fucker helped me. I did it myself, I never claimed dole even when i could have and I funded my own qualifications both technical and educational.

I pay an appropriate level of tax here in Switzerland, I pay for my health care and i live within my means.

If some fucker asked for 50% of my income I would fuck off quick sharp. (I wouldn't be in the 50% bracket)
th

That's fine. I want to know if anyone thinks 24x tax is not enough for that scenario.

We already know Vic asks why anyone should need more than £80k.
You could spin it round and ask if it's fine that the CEO earns 100x what his staff earn 300x what someone with disabilities earn and should the disabled be earmarked for cuts?

You could spin it round and ask if it's fine that the CEO earns 100x what his staff earn 300x what someone with disabilities earn and should the disabled be earmarked for cuts?
Not really as we are discussing tax revenue and not what is a morally acceptable pay.

If we went down that route then why the fuck do any of us support a team paying some their players and manager over £1m per month.

The greatest example of how ideology doesn't reflect reality that I have ever read. Complete cobblers from start to finish I'm afraid. Good intentions though.

Deluded isn't it.

It's something I would expect a cocooned student to come out with.

I always know on Bluemoon when I've made a really good point, because opponents to it say things like this. When you've made a poor point, as I did recently, people love to jump on it.

This is the resignation of the ideologues and I like it much more than people agreeing.

I'd say Bluemoon is more 'liberal' than 'left', as there is such thing as Conservative Liberalism.
Fairness seems to something everyone is striving for, regardless of wealth, social status or otherwise. "Taking" wealth from the rich is still stealing IMO.
Only going of the info at the top of the page, and that says more people are voting Labour in this election, and I wouldn't describe Corbyn as 'liberal'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.