General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that you blame that outcome on Labour.

If the Tory manifesto is distasteful and Labour under Corbyn is unthinkable as we are not a two party election system people have plenty of other parties to vote for and consolidated tactical voting could avert a massive Tory majority. Even large volumes of votes for other parties that doesn't necessarily involve huge swings in a majority could be effective. We are only in this situation with May and an election because Call Me Dave and his advisers fucking shat themselves at the number of UKIP voters and committed to a needless referendum and UKIP didn't win a fucking seat.

The outcome is still in the hands of the voter. Sadly too few of them care to make the effort
I get what you're saying and to the majority I agree.

However, the question I can't reconcile an answer to in my mind is.

Do I trust Corbyn given his past allegiances? His Trade Union sponsorships? I think he most definitely yesterday's politician. Then do I want Diane Abbott running the Home Office and in charge of the Police Force? That alone us a big enough no to ensure I won't be voting Labour and I know I am not alone in thinking this.

The first one naughty boy

genuine question.

On social care I think its brave and realistic and I would applaud May for standing up and giving voice to what is probably the best way to sort it in the long run. The state is fucked and in its present form has too many calls on too few £££'s in its coffers. The housing stock in this country - albeit over valued - is worth a fortune and is a static locked in source of wealth and these proposals are a huge national equity release programme to fund social care. Its probably better than anything proposed as a solution including anything Labour's suggestion and in fact this should have been Labours suggestion.

What should worry May is when Labour sat down to write their manifesto they wrote in renationalisations and raising taxes and no doubt baulked at the idea of making the wealthy elderly pay for their own social care by using their own hard earned and saved for assets as a step too far - for Corbyn !! Lol . Red Theresa eh? Tax and Spend and Power to the People lol

I get what you're saying and to the majority I agree.

However, the question I can't reconcile an answer to in my mind is.

Do I trust Corbyn given his past allegiances? His Trade Union sponsorships? I think he most definitely yesterday's politician. Then do I want Diane Abbott running the Home Office and in charge of the Police Force? That alone us a big enough no to ensure I won't be voting Labour and I know I am not alone in thinking this.

There's the conundrum. Do you fear the theoretical risk that Labour in power as a party ( it won't just be all run by Corbyn and Abbott ) more than you fear the certainty of an attack on your wealth and that of your elderly parents posed by the Tories. I wouldn't worry too much about Abbott at the Home Office - Theresa May was hardly a runaway success in the role and the Tory Party considered her PM material.

There's the conundrum. Do you fear the theoretical risk that Labour in power as a party ( it won't just be all run by Corbyn and Abbott ) more than you fear the certainty of an attack on your wealth and that of your elderly parents posed by the Tories. I wouldn't worry too much about Abbott at the Home Office - Theresa May was hardly a runaway success in the role and the Tory Party considered her PM material.
I don't fear for myself with Labour (current players) but I do fear for the country. What's your view on Corbyns support for the IRA and associating with Middle East terror groups and terrorist leaders? Thus is a genuine question and for me automatically rules him out if leading this country.

I wouldn't trust any politician but this woman May is on a whole new level for me.

Vile piece of shit who fits her party to a tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.