General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I get this right if I have to go into a home I don't have to sell my house but once I do they can then take it in payment what about leaving it to my daughter in my will?

seems so - The Mail missed the "while you are alive" off their headline this morning when they bigged up their manifesto leak - funny that eh??

I totally agree but may is doing her best to lose a 20 point lead with that manifesto. Alienating everyone.

it is an odd tactic - basically actively disadvantage the group that it is widely accepted have put you in power and can be relied upon to actually turn out to vote. Dangerous game - they do turn out but does pissing on their bonfire guarantee their continued support? I doubt many would change but what if they decide to abstain en mass in protest and Labour utilise the young vote?

It will be a means tested benefit so I guess pension will be included. I'm guessing the detail is still to be determined.

Just looking at it from a personal point of view I have equity in my house just by chance of about 100 grand and I owe 140(interest only mortgage)I have just started paying back some capital. I'm thinking rather than making myself skint for the foreseeable I should just pay off enough to buy something smaller. Seems pointless paying off the capital on a 3 bed semi only for the government to blag it.

I reckon I would save 80000 doing this, that's plenty of beer tokens, holidays and rounds of golf.

it is an odd tactic - basically actively disadvantage the group that it is widely accepted have put you in power and can be relied upon to actually turn out to vote. Dangerous game - they do turn out but does pissing on their bonfire guarantee their continued support? I doubt many would change but what if they decide to abstain en mass in protest and Labour utilise the young vote?

Do you agree with the policy?

I totally agree.

From what I've seen so far, many Labour voters are saying they will not vote for Corbyn this time.

I think true Tory voters who have always voted Tory would not switch to Labour, underlined now that Jezza is in power.

The majority of UKIP voters will desert UKIP and return to the Tories now the Brexit vote has been decided.

I know Len wouldn't agree with thud, but the truth will come out in 3 weeks time. The Tories will return to Westminster with over 400 seats. Thus is a very very unhealthy situation which has been thrust upon us by Labour incompetence.

Do you agree with the policy?

with the policy of using assets to pay for social care? Yes I do - its actually facing up - for the first time - to what is a massive issue and proposing a way of paying for social care in a manner that successive governments have dodged for about 10 years. Assets have been taken by stealth and it occasionally gets in the news but at least this sets out Government policy clearly.

with the policy of pissing on your constituency? Yes I do. On Nicky Campbell this morning the Blue Rinse Brigade were lining up to call for the idea to be scrapped. If it causes May to lose support then as a Labour voter and from a purely partisan point of view then great stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39969306

May delights her fans in the press

So it turns out that a prime minister's word isn't always sacrosanct - because, after all, he or she won't be in No 10 forever.

Victims of press abuse in Britain believe they were given a cast-iron guarantee that the second stage of the Leveson Inquiry, which would look at corporate governance at Rupert Murdoch's News International as well as the relationship between Britain's press and the police, would definitely go ahead.

The Tory manifesto says that, if they are elected, it will not.

Moreover, Section 40 of the Crime and Courts Act 2013, which if enacted would have forced newspapers to pay the costs of legal action taken against them - unless they belonged to an approved regulator - has also been dropped.

_96111572_may.jpg

Tory bastard.

I totally agree.

From what I've seen so far, many Labour voters are saying they will not vote for Corbyn this time.

I think true Tory voters who have always voted Tory would not switch to Labour, underlined now that Jezza is in power.

The majority of UKIP voters will desert UKIP and return to the Tories now the Brexit vote has been decided.

I know Len wouldn't agree with thud, but the truth will come out in 3 weeks time. The Tories will return to Westminster with over 400 seats. Thus is a very very unhealthy situation which has been thrust upon us by Labour incompetence.

Odd that you blame that outcome on Labour.

If the Tory manifesto is distasteful and Labour under Corbyn is unthinkable as we are not a two party election system people have plenty of other parties to vote for and consolidated tactical voting could avert a massive Tory majority. Even large volumes of votes for other parties that doesn't necessarily involve huge swings in a majority could be effective. We are only in this situation with May and an election because Call Me Dave and his advisers fucking shat themselves at the number of UKIP voters and committed to a needless referendum and UKIP didn't win a fucking seat.

The outcome is still in the hands of the voter. Sadly too few of them care to make the effort

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39969306

May delights her fans in the press

So it turns out that a prime minister's word isn't always sacrosanct - because, after all, he or she won't be in No 10 forever.

Victims of press abuse in Britain believe they were given a cast-iron guarantee that the second stage of the Leveson Inquiry, which would look at corporate governance at Rupert Murdoch's News International as well as the relationship between Britain's press and the police, would definitely go ahead.

The Tory manifesto says that, if they are elected, it will not.

Moreover, Section 40 of the Crime and Courts Act 2013, which if enacted would have forced newspapers to pay the costs of legal action taken against them - unless they belonged to an approved regulator - has also been dropped.

_96111572_may.jpg

Tory bastard.

BBC eh? Thats pure Tory Girl Kuennessberg reporting is that

with the policy of using assets to pay for social care? Yes I do - its actually facing up - for the first time - to what is a massive issue and proposing a way of paying for social care in a manner that successive governments have dodged for about 10 years. Assets have been taken by stealth and it occasionally gets in the news but at least this sets out Government policy clearly.

with the policy of pissing on your constituency? Yes I do. On Nicky Campbell this morning the Blue Rinse Brigade were lining up to call for the idea to be scrapped. If it causes May to lose support then as a Labour voter and from a purely partisan point of view then great stuff.

Better than labours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.