General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say that we have a law that's primary objective is to jail all paedophiles.

The way the legislation says we should go about this, is to knock on every single door in the country, ask if somebody is a paedophile and if they say yes, nick them. The estimated cost for the Police to undertake this task is £30bn a year.

Are you suggesting you wouldn't vote against that? I mean, you wouldn't vote against jailing paedophiles would you?

Dost think it would cost £30 billion a year to give police greater powers to have access to monitor suspected internet terrorists? so seems a strange analogy to me and i dont think you have answered my question. I have just been speaking to my local corner shop guy - a great English Born Msulim who told me age 43 years and having lived in Lester, Burnley and Manchester in his words hardcore Asian Muslim areas he has never seen extremism in any mosque. i don't doubt him for one second. I asked him what the answer was - he said firstly get out of Syria and other middle eastern countries and come done hard on extremists and have internet powers to stop radicalisation etc. As he said it could have been his dughters at the concert and he wants answers to teh problems just as much as i do. I think the answer is education combined with greater support for our intelligence services.

Dost think it would cost £30 billion a year to give police greater powers to have access to monitor suspected internet terrorists? so seems a strange analogy to me and i dont think you have answered my question

I have directly answered your question. You've got caught up in a semantic.

Your question was about how can someone refuse to vote for the IP Bill and still be anti-terrorist.

The response was to ask how you could vote against a completely pointless anti-paedophile Bill but still be anti-paedophile.

Let's bring back Blair shall we ?

Of course not, he'd only landslide the election. Instead we should continue bringing more barely electable leaders to the table and hoping a quirk of Police funding in a terrorist attack goes our way so we only lose by a lot rather than a shit-ton.

I have directly answered your question. You've got caught up in a semantic.

Your question was about how can someone refuse to vote for the IP Bill and still be anti-terrorist.

The response was to ask how you could vote against a completely pointless anti-paedophile Bill but still be anti-paedophile.

OK if you believe you have answered fair enough - i think he is disgrace voting against giving our police and security services greater powers over internet analysis of suspected terrorists. Not bringing costs into it.

Corbyn is against us engaging IS abroad. He's a fucking danger and needs to be stopped.
The issue is about tackling IS at home. How do you tackle them abroad without intervening in sovereign countries and unsettling a region, like we have been doing, without any success? IS are not a state, they are not really anything tangible. It is a concept, an ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.