General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're working with the Iraqi army. It's not as though we're intervening where we're not wanted.

Listen to a single thing the Kurds and/or an Iraqi general says and it's easy to realise the part we can play.
dont know where to start with that so Im not going to bother or Id be here all night. Fair play mate youre a lovely lad but you have a constant ability to misunderstand everything. you need to be asking why. We are the Iraq army! Who do you think we had a war with and what do you think happened to them after they were overun by UK and US forces?

OK if you believe you have answered fair enough - i think he is disgrace voting against giving our police and security services greater powers over internet analysis of suspected terrorists. Not bringing costs into it.

No it's not a cost argument. The point I was making is that just because a law's intention to do something is good, doesn't mean the implementation of it is good. It's better to vote down a flawed law and get it back into Committee Stage than it is to vote for it.

We have the chance to eradicate these fuckers off the planet. The entirety of the west should engage them and destroy them.

My point is more that ISIS will be dead by the time we get over there to any real degree, and the logistics of fighting in a warzone that includes Kurds and Russian troops in close proximity to ISIS soldiers is a bit of a recipe for disaster. The Kurds, Russia and Iran have got this one. We should just support them and our allies in the region with whatever resources they need.

The bloke on Newsnight last night made a compelling argument for intervention into Afghanistan though and the Taliban is a key Al'Qaeda ally which can have knock on effects in Libya, Yemen and elsewhere.

dont know where to start with that so Im not going to bother or Id be here all night. Fair play mate youre a lovely lad but you have a constant ability to misunderstand everything. you need to be asking why. We are the Iraq army! Who do you think we had a war with and what do you think happened to them after they were overun by UK and US forces?

Have you seen anything regarding the battle for Mosul or are you thinking it's still 2005?

ISIL were in the horizon of Baghdad not so long ago and there was a deep worry within both allied and Iraqi army forces. Coalition air strikes significantly helped to push them back and since then there's been a miraculous effort to push them further and further back.

I'm sure you have some understanding of the situation and aren't just taking the piss.

No it's not a cost argument. The point I was making is that just because a law's intention to do something is good, doesn't mean the implementation of it is good. It's better to vote down a flawed law and get it back into Committee Stage than it is to vote for it.

He has voted against every single anti terrorist law for 20 year so has every single one been flawed - yet i have just read on here vote Tory support Terrorism

Have you seen anything regarding the battle for Mosul or are you thinking it's still 2005?

ISIL were in the horizon of Baghdad not so long ago and there was a deep worry within both allied and Iraqi army forces. Coalition air strikes significantly helped to push them back and since then there's been a miraculous effort to push them further and further back.

I'm sure you have some understanding of the situation and aren't just taking the piss.
What problem did Iraq face with ISIL before we started meddling there? What deep worry did they cause before then? Who is the 'coalition' you refer to that helped push them back and how do you think it is 'miraculous'. Consider those points

He has voted against every single anti terrorist law for 20 year so has every single one been flawed - yet i have just read on here vote Tory support Terrorism

The tory anti terrorist laws would have been a shambles and correctly thrown in the bin.
Had a good laugh at Michael Fallon before. Never fails to amaze me with the depths of stupidity they can sink to.

They have no shame mate, it continually gets worse.

I am determined not to get in trouble on here but will continue to maintain in a dignified way my political views trying to argue in a decent and coherent way I am utterly fearful of Corbyn and a labour government getting in and the consequences of it from both a terror and economic viewpoint. Social media seems to be awash with the left and someone who posted they are a tory is absolutely castigated. i am proud to be putting my views across against some very blinkered opposing views.

The tory anti terrorist laws would have been a shambles and correctly thrown in the bin.
Had a good laugh at Michael Fallon before. Never fails to amaze me with the depths of stupidity they can sink to.

Nearly as far as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.