General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? Obviously the priority would be our streets,where relevant intelligence can be gathered.......but re-inforcing the border wouldnt do any harm either.I'm up for anything thats protects our country and our people.
But our country hasn't suffered attacks from abroad. It's just typical UKIP ideology of blaming migrants.

With rights come great responsibility. It is frightening (to me) that a generation of 18-24 year olds, let down by a catastrophic labour education system that brainwashed this generation into believing that the world owed them a living, are enticed into voting (when normally they can't be bothered) by the many 'freebies' on offer - £10 minimum wage, free university education, free childcare, more police, more investment in an NHS (where we are already spending trillions over the next decade) All paid for by private business that needs to thrive in order to pay for our public sector spending - how Labour expect this to happen when hitting the engine of the economy with higher taxes is beyond me. Lets not forget, it was Labour that introduced tuition fees in the first place! I went to Uni in 95 and got my education for free.

As a result, we could end up with a Labour government that would undoubtedly run this country into the ground, burdened by a debt mountain that we would struggle to climb out of. Lets face it, the tories have tried 'austerity' and despite this have only halved the deficit and we still continue to grow our debt year on year until at least 2022.

As soon as night follows day, a Labour government almost always ends up with the country going bust. The 70's was the winter of discontent, and despite Brown continually telling us he had ended 'Boom and Bust' as chancellor we ended up with the biggest bust in 2008. The scary thing is that Corbyn takes the Labour party further left then in any of those periods so its scary how bad it would be this time around.

It is a fallacy that higher taxation hurts the business economy, in the same way it is a fallacy that low taxation benefits the business economy. If you bother to look at facts, instead of political waffle, you may have leveraged your free University education to understood this. The average level in the G7 is about 30% and in fact, all successful economies have relatively high corporation tax levels. Low corporation tax, on the other hand is a good indicator of a weak economy.

The Labour party is the only party that has shown any reasonable ability to run the economy in a way that a business would regard as positive i.e. the Labour party is the only party that has been able to run the country with a surplus instead of a budget deficict. In other words the Labour party is the only party that has demonstrated an ability to run the country at a profit. Debt has only ever increased under successive Conservative Governments.

Seriously who is this Green woman?

Wants to trust the British people by asking for another referendum as they didn't get their way last time.

How many seats have they got again?

It is a fallacy that higher taxation hurts the business economy, in the same way it is a fallacy that low taxation benefits the business economy. If you bother to look at facts, instead of political waffle, you may have leveraged your free University education to understood this. The average level in the G7 is about 30% and in fact, all successful economies have relatively high corporation tax levels. Low corporation tax, on the other hand is a good indicator of a weak economy.

The Labour party is the only party that has shown any reasonable ability to run the economy in a way that a business would regard as positive i.e. the Labour party is the only party that has been able to run the country with a surplus instead of a budget deficict. In other words the Labour party is the only party that has demonstrated an ability to run the country at a profit. Debt has only ever increased under successive Conservative Governments.
Well that's bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.