General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
8 days is a long time for this Tory campaign.

They have been hopeless beyond belief.

True. Maybe it will finally get rid of the odious Lynton Crosby.

If we got a balanced coalition (unlike the Con-Lib one), I'd be happy. They allow awkward decisions to be made without one party taking all the blame.

i just can't see that happening. i can't see conservatives switching to labour and ukip voters will go to the conservatives. I think they very reliant on young people voting for them, but most wont bother to vote. these polls are getting ridiculous, only 2 days ago ( i think) the tories were 12 points ahead.

The youth has been mobilised and will make a hell of a difference imo.

It's not about the gap or what the gap means, it's about the speed in which it's closing and all the momentum is with Corbyn.

True. I assume it is time for Dacre and Murdoch to deploy the heaviest artillery. Maybe someone will announce an investigation into some emails!

The elephant in the room is where Labour goes after being elected.
There is no doubt that some of the more batshit crazies are being kept in the background.
Whether they would be able to be controlled in power is doubtful

What do Labour, the greens and whoever else think raising corporation tax will actually achieve I do not know. We are seeing the highest corporation tax receipts at this current rate, what do they not understand by this. It sounds good, slapping increased tax rates on big business but it in fact will have a negative effect on the economy. One of the main reasons I will vote Conservative. They will make this country competitive post-brexit. Whereas under labour we will not be an attractive destination for large corporations.
A lot of people are looking at corporation tax increase in isolation. From a business point of view, tariff free access to EU market is way more attractive than the increase in corporation tax. Another point people keep missing is large organisations only generate limited amount of profits in UK (thanks to complex legal entity structures and transfer pricing practices) and therefore an increase in corp tax rates would not impact on such a large scale.

The reason current government is offering a low tax haven in he first place is because they know they are taking a big incentive of tariff free access away from business and low corp tax is an incentive to compensate for taking away the big incentive.

I have never voted Tory or labour but I know which policy is better for my business.

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html
Current Prediction: Conservative majority 88
Party 2015 Votes 2015 Seats Pred Votes Pred Seats
CON 37.8% 331 46.0% 369
LAB 31.2% 232 33.4% 207
LIB 8.1% 8 7.9% 3
UKIP 12.9% 1 4.4% 0
Green 3.8% 1 2.4% 1
SNP 4.9% 56 4.2% 50
PlaidC 0.6% 3 0.6% 2
Minor 0.8% 0 1.1% 0
N.Ire 18 18
Prediction based on opinion polls from 12 May 2017 to 29 May 2017, sampling 12,319 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.