General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the Scots on here: if you don't want to live in a Tory chum paradise why not get over old Labour leadership and vote for new Labour? Scotland supporting Labour can put a stop to the Tories, voting SNP empowers the Tories.

Don't seem much different at all policy-wise to SNP either so you could give it all a test-run before having to think about independence again.

I presume a big sticking point now, and the reason why a coalition will be difficult, is the completely difference stance on Brexit.

DBLYNN5XYAAEOVu.jpg

few weeks ago

'“Labour will re-examine the arms export licensing regulations to ensure that all British arms exports are consistent with our legal and moral obligations,” said Corbyn. “This means refusing to grant export licences for arms when there is a clear risk that they will be used to commit serious violations of international humanitarian law. Weapons supplied to Saudi Arabia, when the evidence of grave breaches of humanitarian law in Yemen is overwhelming, must be halted immediately.”
If this is to be implemented, then I stand corrected.
If and when it is, the consequences will be devastating, the resultant breach in trade will immediately be filled,
almost certainly by the French, and the loss of jobs in Britain would never be recovered, as pragmatism in world
affairs has been rejected.
So, the Saudis will snub Britain, a relationship built up over many years, they'll buy their arms and other goods
from someone else, we'll be massively poorer, but at least we'll have made a point.
This bloke is more loony tunes than even I thought, but yes I concede that your point was valid.

That's almost like you're saying her history is somewhat more respectable than Corbyn's? She agreed with and celebrated the murders of British soldiers whilst Corbyn only ever wanted peace and to stop people dying?!

This IRA shit with Corbyn has seriously muddled people's minds. Seems like the last desperate attempt of this government is working to some extent.
I think you're directing your comments at the wrong poster. I have never once criticised Corbyn for his IRA stance.

Unlike some, I can take an objective, balanced view on peoples character and shortcomings, irrespective of their political leanings.

That's almost like you're saying her history is somewhat more respectable than Corbyn's? She agreed with and celebrated the murders of British soldiers whilst Corbyn only ever wanted peace and to stop people dying?!

This IRA shit with Corbyn has seriously muddled people's minds. Seems like the last desperate attempt of this government is working to some extent.
So her being demonised is acceptible but demonisation of Corbyn for similar accusations is 'unfair'?

Make your minds up lads.

As has Corbyn's 'support' for terrorists, but when did facts ever get in the way of a good old witch hunt?
Post has been edited to more accurately explain what I meant. To save you the trouble, here;

This has been exposed as misinformation. The quote is taken from her book where she talks about her involvement with the IRA prior to Bloody Sunday.

"I agreed with the shooting of British soldiers and believed the more who were killed the better… we heard late at night that a British soldier had been shot and seriously wounded in Belfast or Derry and we would hope by the morning he would be dead… I accepted the bombing of Belfast and when civilians were accidentally blown to pieces dismissed this as one of the unfortunate effects of urban guerrilla warfare."

This has already been exposed as false.
Not true either. She wasn't a gun runner but she tried to be. Her first gun running mission failed/was abandoned because the press got wind and that quote in the picture is quoted by the Telegraph: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/maria-gatland-from-terrorist-to-tory-28457193.html

She clearly isn't able to grasp the concept of loyalty. Tried to facilitate a paramilitary organisation fighting against British centred rule, then moves to London - the centre of the root cause for Ireland's anger and gripes and becomes a Tory - the modern day embodiment of the elites, a continuation of the elites that fucked over Ireland time and time again.

She is a perfect example of the type of self-interested, disloyal to their country scum bags that are Tory politicians.

Not true either. She wasn't a gun runner but she tried to be. Her first gun running mission failed/was abandoned because the press got wind and that quote in the picture is quoted by the Telegraph: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/maria-gatland-from-terrorist-to-tory-28457193.html

She clearly isn't able to grasp the concept of loyalty. Tried to facilitate a paramilitary organisation fighting against British centred rule, then moves to London - the centre of the root cause for Ireland's anger and gripes and becomes a Tory - the modern day embodiment of the elites, a continuation of the elites that fucked over Ireland time and time again.

She is a perfect example of the type of self-interested, disloyal to their country scum bags that are Tory politicians.
Read above. I'm trying to halt the spread of false information from both sides of the debate that's plaguing the forum. For the record i'm not voting Tory or Labour and am still undecided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.